Conselium Compliance Search has just completed a search on behalf of Boston Scientific Corporation. Mr. Sergey Gusev began his role of Legal Counsel, Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) & Russia, January 13, 2014 at the company’s offices in Moscow, Russia.
Mr. Gusev’s responsibilities include:
- Ensuring alignment with global and Russian strategy when structuring and negotiating commercial contracts
- Driving key projects across the business to ensure that business deals are commercially sound and legally compliant
- Acting as a true business partner by identifying any opportunity to drive business forward and raise the knowledge of the business by educating and providing optimal legal processes/templates for new business and commercial models
- Ensuring awareness and compliance with applicable standard operating procedures to meet, comply and champion all quality and regulatory commitments
- Reporting any local or international, legal-related quality system problems while facilitating implementations of solutions
Mr. Gusev was most recently Legal Counsel for AstraZeneca. Previous experience included Counsel for Alcatel-Lucent and Kraft Foods.
Boston Scientific knows that nothing is simple in matters of the heart. The company makes medical supplies and devices used to diagnose and treat conditions in a variety of medical fields, with an emphasis on cardiovascular products and cardiac rhythm management (CRM). It also makes devices used for electrophysiology, endoscopy, pain management (neuromodulation), urology and women’s health. Its 13,000 products — made in about a dozen factories worldwide — include biopsy forceps, catheters, coronary and urethral stents, defibrillators, needles and pacemakers. Boston Scientific markets its products in about 100 countries.