CCI shares news, commentary and industry expertise with more than 100,000 readers from around the world every month. To raise your profile as a thought leader in governance, risk or compliance, there’s no better platform for building a recognized and respected voice than CCI, the web’s premier independent source of news for today’s compliance professional.
Address all queries and submissions to
Click tabs below to learn about writing for CCI
- Original content
- Exclusive to CCI
- Created expressly for CCI’s audience
- Vendor neutral and free of sales pitches or promotional messages
CCI editors make changes to articles (including headlines) to ensure articles maintain accuracy, readability and engagement for readers. We do not run these changes by authors before publication. If an editor has made a mistake or misrepresentation, authors are encouraged to flag these and request changes.
CCI accepts queries or completed manuscripts from GRC professionals, researchers, academics, consultants, attorneys, public officials, SMEs, etc.
Our editorial staff works closely with contributors to develop topic ideas and prepare submission for publication. This could include brainstorming ideas, suggesting changes to a submission or collaborating with an author who seeks to achieve a certain tone or style as a writer.
We prefer to develop long-term, ongoing commitments from authors (3-5 submissions per year, for example). However, occasional or “one off” contributions will always be considered.
A designation of “columnist” is offered to established authors who intend to contribute on a weekly or monthly basis, usually within a specific topic area.
How Bylines are Published
- Bylined articles are published as a “Top Story” or “Featured Article” on the homepage. Articles remain on the homepage for at least one week.
- Articles remain in CCI’s category and tag archives indefinitely.
- The author profile appears beneath the published article and includes a headshot and professional biography, a link to a company website and links to social media accounts, if desired.
- The author’s byline is linked to the author’s personal author archive page on the CCI website.
How We Share This Content
- Social media posts on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter
- RSS Feed
- Bylined articles are showcased at the top of CCI’s Weekly eNewsletter, which is emailed to 12,500 GRC professionals
Address all bylined article queries and submissions to
- Sponsored opportunities are available for all content types.
- An ideal option for material previously published elsewhere — as on an author’s blog or company website — or content that is offered to multiple media outlets.
- An appropriate option for articles that are part of a content marketing effort or that have been “ghostwritten” on behalf of the author.
Sponsored content is published for a fee and will appear:
- In the “Featured Articles” feed on the homepage, where it will remain for one week
- As a “blurb” and link in CCI’s weekly eNewsletter
- In the category and tag archives
- On the author’s archive page
How sponsored content is shared and promoted:
- LinkedIn (2 posts)
- Facebook (1 post)
- Twitter (3 posts)
- RSS feed
For more information or to submit content for consideration as a sponsored post:
- Press releases of general interest to the GRC community will be published on a space-available basis.
- Releases will be posted in full or may be condensed and published as “staff and wire reports.”
- Press releases are posted in the “GRC Industry News” section of the website and are added to the RSS feed.
- To guarantee placement and promotion of a press release, refer to the Sponsored Content tab on this page.
Submit press releases to:
- CCI accepts submissions of whitepapers, eBooks, research reports, case studies and other downloadable materials.
- If visitors can download the submitted content directly from CCI’s website, there is no fee to publish or promote content from our Resource Library.
- Lead-gen opportunities are available for publishers who prefer to link to a company landing page or who wish to purchase contact information on a per-lead basis.
Submit whitepapers and PDF downloads to
There is no fee to share a podcast or video.
CCI’s compliance podcast directory currently features more than 20 GRC podcasts and is considered the industry “hub” for accessing compliance-related podcasts. Each podcast has its own dedicated page on the CCI website, which includes an embedded podcast player, show descriptions and archived episodes.
Sponsorships and promotional packages are available. Opportunities include appearing on the directory page in a full-width, “featured” position or customized podcast landing pages to include “show notes,” photo galleries, listener comments, etc.
CCI’s events calendar is a free service for readers. There is no fee to add a GRC-related event to the compliance events calendar.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Should I Write About?
Ask questions, engage the reader in dialogue and stretch yourself as a writer to make sure your articles are read, shared and commented on. We prefer to publish content created expressly for our readers, but if you are seeking a wider audience for an original article you previously published elsewhere, we will consider re-posting it with attribution to its original source.
When Should I Write for CCI?
Share your opinion in the wake of breaking news stories. Weigh in following enforcement actions. Offer counsel and guidance on the day-to-day responsibilities in your profession.
Who Currently Writes for CCI?
Seasoned professionals. Young upstarts. Experienced writers and those who are just finding their voice. Our editors can work closely with you to explore topics and to develop content that is bright, lively and engaging.
What Happens When I Write for CCI?
Your article and bio are published on the CCI website, then we amplify your message by sharing it with CCI’s social media followers. We encourage you to share the content with your networks as well. Then your article is eblasted to CCI’s newsletter subscribers. Your content stays on our homepage newsfeed for at least one week, then it remains active and searchable in our category archives. Over time, as you build a following as an author, we may look for other opportunities to showcase your content: exclusive interviews, eBook compilations of your columns and more.
What Other Opportunities are Available?
We can also publish and promote your company’s news releases, white papers, podcasts, videos and eBooks.
To learn more about sponsorships, media partnerships and advertising, contact our publisher, firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do I Get Started?
For all editorial content, query CCI’s editor: email@example.com
NEW: CCI Launches Book Publishing Division
CCI Press provides end-to-end publishing services for authors, including editing, design, printing, publicity and book distribution. Traditional publishing and self-publishing options will be offered, with books available in hardback, paperback and e-Reader formats. Learn more about CCI Press
Proposals and manuscripts now being accepted from authors and agents. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.