Over the past year, the SEC and FINRA have been hard at work enforcing communications supervision compliance regulations throughout the financial services industry — and many firms are feeling the impact of the increased scrutiny.
Download this summary now to see how the violations occurred, including:
- Bank Fined $10.5 Million for Supervision Violations
- Clearing Firm Fined for Anti-money Laundering Compliance Failures
- Bank Fined for Insufficient Communications Surveillance
- Broker-Dealer Fined for Failure to Properly Supervise Emails
- Brokerage Firm Fined for Failure to Supervise Suspicious Transactions
- Failure to Retain Audio Fines Results in Major Fine
- Firm Fined for Failure to Establish Supervisory System
- A Firm and its CEO Face Fines and Disbarment
- Failure to Establish “Reasonable Supervision” Bites Brokerage
- Texting at Center of Insider Trading Charges
This summary comes to us courtesy of Marianna Shafir, Corporate Counsel and Regulatory Advisor for Smarsh Inc., and includes important insights and recommendations to solve compliance challenges and help reduce risk and liability.
Smarsh helps financial services organizations get ahead – and stay ahead – of the risk within their electronic communications. Smarsh has established the industry standard for the efficient review and production of content from the diverse range of channels that organizations now use to communicate. With innovative capture, archiving and monitoring solutions that extend across the industry’s widest breadth of channels, customers can leverage the productivity benefits of email, social media, mobile/text messaging, instant messaging/collaboration, websites and voice while efficiently strengthening their compliance and e-discovery initiatives.
A global client base, including the top 10 banks in the United States and the largest banks in Europe, Canada and Asia, manages billions of conversations each month with the Smarsh Connected Suite. The company is headquartered in Portland, Ore. with nine offices worldwide, including locations in Silicon Valley, New York, London and Bangalore, India. For more information, visit www.smarsh.com.