The Compliance Director provides broad-based direction to the North Memorial Health Compliance Program. The Compliance Director reports to the Chief Compliance Officer and provides day to day oversight and operation of the Compliance Program.
The Compliance Director’s role is critical to maintaining transparency in the Compliance Program and fostering a culture of compliance throughout the organization. The Compliance Director works closely with team members throughout the organization to identify compliance issues, facilitate productive problem-solving discussions, and effectively mitigate compliance risks.
• Maintains an in-depth understanding of organizational Code of Conduct, policies and procedures, as well as relevant federal and state laws, regulations, and health industry best practices.
• Exercises good judgement and skill related to research and regulatory interpretation.
• Acts as an effective communication conduit throughout the organization.
• Develops, implements and tracks compliance policies and procedures, as well as training and educational communications.
• Directs operational and revenue cycle compliance/regulatory committees and directs development, implementation and management of compliance activities under the purview of these committees.
• Oversees compliance with Compliance Program policies and procedures.
• Directs operational departments with development and oversight of compliance monitoring activities.
• Directs development of internal audit work plans and manages compliance auditing activities, including delegation of audit activities to compliance staff.
• Coordinates, directs, and/or conducts internal compliance investigations throughout the organization, including compiling reports with recommendations to the Chief Compliance Officer and management.
• Creates compliance communications and training materials.
• Oversees compliance department staff.
• Manages contracted compliance auditors.
• Coordinates with selected Legal Counsel (internal or external) as necessary to research and make recommendations regarding compliance with state and federal regulations
• Develops and implements corrective action plans, as well as monitors corrective action plans.
• Develops and measures Compliance Program metrics.
• Assists Chief Compliance Officer with developing compliance reports for executive leadership and governing body.
• Conducts other related activities and duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in health care, finance, or other related field.
• Healthcare Compliance Certification (or willingness to pursue certification), preferred
• Ten (10) or more years of experience in a hospital/provider setting.
• Six (6) years of progressive revenue cycle management (e.g., coding, billing), auditing, or compliance experience required.
Click here to apply.