ROSELAND, N.J., December 1, 2015 –ADP® today announced the launch of ADP® Time & Attendance, a new time and attendance management solution designed to help small businesses simplify wage and hour law compliance, help control overtime, help reduce labor costs, and increase payroll accuracy and efficiency. ADP Time & Attendance, an upgrade to ADP’s existing time and attendance solution, comes to the market at a crucial time for small businesses as they struggle to comply with the federal, state, and local wage and hour laws that apply to them.
In a recent survey of small businesses by ADP, 20 percent expressed concern over wage and hour laws. Failure to properly pay overtime or misclassifying employees as exempt from overtime are two of the most frequently cited wage and hour violations and the penalties associated with each violation can be costly. In addition, the Department of Labor recently proposed changes to overtime regulations that could result in significant changes to the Fair Labor Standards Act, making compliance with the law even more complicated.
“As wage and hour laws grow more complex, it becomes challenging for small business owners to properly manage their employees, stay in compliance and keep their businesses running smoothly. And that’s when costly mistakes can occur,” said John Ayala, president of ADP’s Small Business Services division. “Unfortunately, many businesses try to handle it on their own, but complexity often catches up with them. A time and attendance system can help reduce the risk of costly fines.”
One small organization that already is seeing the benefits is the Chesterfield Chamber of Commerce in Missouri.
“We used to track our time manually with paper timesheets, a process that was very time consuming,” said Nora Amato, Executive Director of the Chesterfield Chamber of Commerce. “Now, having used ADP Time & Attendance during its pilot phase, I’ve found that our process is far more efficient. Not only does it allow for our employees to enter their time directly, but it also helps minimize user error and reduce administrative time.”
ADP Time and Attendance helps small businesses:
- Stay compliant through scheduling and time card management tools: A centralized location for employer access to records, schedules and totals can help simplify wage and hour law compliance. Special employee-focused tools are also available to give employees direct access to their time entry, schedules, total hours worked and time off.
- Manage time via mobile: By providing a mobile alternative to time clocks, employees and managers can efficiently enter time, approve time cards, view schedules, request and approve time off and clock in/clock out all via smartphone.
- Use reporting to better manage staff: More than 50 standard reports and views for monitoring important information like real-time-hour totals, overtime, time card exceptions, payroll details and total paid hours can help business owners make better time management and scheduling decisions.
- Utilize enhanced flexibility for paying employees: Through features like auto punch-out, automatic lunch deductions and enhanced daily time card totals that include regular, overtime and double-time, employers can remain flexible in paying their employees.
- Streamline the HR, benefits, payroll, time, attendance and scheduling process: ADP Time & Attendance is fully integrated into RUN Powered by ADP® offering one place, and one sign-on, for small business owners to do it all.
Click here for more information about ADP Time & Attendance.
About ADP (NASDAQ-ADP)
Powerful technology plus a human touch. Companies of all types and sizes around the world rely on ADP’s cloud software and expert insights to help unlock the potential of their people. HR. Talent. Benefits. Payroll. Compliance. Working together to build a better workforce. For more information, visit ADP.com.
The ADP logo, ADP and RUN Powered by ADP are registered trademarks of ADP, LLC. ADP A more human resource. is a service mark of ADP, LLC. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright © 2015 ADP, LLC.