Vice President, Compliance
For over a 100 years, our client has been providing customize solutions for their clients, from small hometown bank in southwest Indiana to a respected regional financial institution providing a range of solutions to their customers. They are now seeking a Vice President, Compliance to help support their continued growth. Since 2014, they have expanded three-fold and now has operations located throughout the Midwest, primarily, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, with operations in Colorado to Florida and the Caribbean.
Reporting to their leadership team and Board of Directors, this role will support their growth, ensuring adherence to their Corporate Compliance Program. Their main responsible will be review and evaluate compliance issues within the bank to make sure it’s compliant with all laws and regulations. Will also oversee strategic planning, organization, implementation and evaluation of the Bank’s compliance functions, resulting in a robust and risk-based compliance program that effectively reviews all levels of operation.
- Working with internal auditors and bank’s Risk Officer, establish and maintain a compliance program.
- Report to Executive management and Board of Directors on matters of compliance.
- Establish and communicate the strategic direction and supporting objectives of the Compliance Department, ensuring alignment with the Banks mission/vision/values and strategic objectives.
- Advise management on all compliance related issues and risks in order to develop strategies to identify opportunities and/or mitigate risks with new regulations, product, process or service modifications, and specific transactions. Includes the development of an annual Compliance Risk Assessment and monitoring.
- Manage regulatory compliance examinations and prepares responses to the Report of Examination. Prepare responses to compliance examinations and prepares responses to the Report of Examination for review by Senior Management and Board of Directors.
- Research, reviews, tracks and responds to complaints and disputes filed with the Bank and State and Federal agencies concerning ethics, rules and general compliance.
- Work with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Monitor the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Other tasks and projects in compliance, as assigned by executive team and/or Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, finance, accounting or similar with at least five (5) years of applicable experience in compliance in a financial services capacity.
- Must have strong analytical skills with impeccable communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work with Microsoft Business Application software (ie, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and be able to develop and make presentations in front of a group of people.
POSITION OFFERS ATTRACTIVE SALARY, COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE, BONUS OPPORTUNITY, AND RELOCATION ASSISTANCE FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE.
Click here to apply.