Global consulting firm Protiviti and global business technology professional association ISACA have released their annual report, A Global Look at IT Audit Best Practices.
Key findings from the survey of more than 1,300 IT audit and internal audit leaders and professionals include:
- Privacy/cybersecurity was cited as the top concern for the second year in a row
- 37% percent of businesses did not address cybersecurity within their audit plans, citing lack of resources as the primary reason
- Half of all organizations polled have a dedicated IT audit director (or equivalent position), representing a significant increase from five years ago where only 35 percent of organizations had such a role
- 59 percent of North American IT audit teams are significantly or moderately involved in technology projects
- For the first time, data management and governance was named a top 10 risk, underscoring the increased awareness and risk around the growing supply of organizational data as digital transformation efforts gain momentum
Read the full report here.