Today, FireMon announces the results of its inaugural State of Hybrid Cloud Security Survey, which polled more than 400 information security professionals about their practices maintaining network security across hybrid cloud environments. The survey uncovered three primary areas of concern: the cloud business and cloud security are misaligned, 2) existing security tools can’t handle scale and complexity and 3) lack of security budget and resources.
- 60 percent of respondents either agree or strongly agree that cloud-based business initiatives are accelerating faster than security organizations’ ability to secure them.
- 44 percent of respondents note IT/cloud teams, application owners or other teams outside the security organization are responsible for cloud security.
- 30 percent indicate their relationship with DevOps is either complicated, contentious, not worth mentioning or nonexistent.
- 44.5 percent of respondents said their top three challenges for securing public cloud environments are: lack of visibility, lack of training and lack of control.
- 57.5 percent of respondents indicated that less than 25 percent of their security budget is dedicated to cloud security.
Download the full report below.