- This event has passed.
Preparing the Workplace for the New Normal: 2020 Updates on EEOC and ADA Regulations
August 18 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm CDT$159
In response to COVID-19, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has updated and/or provided guidance related to the current employment concerns specific to the pandemic. The EEOC guidance offers helpful insights into how the agencies are balancing changes to normalcy, along with legal requirements posed by a variety of employment laws.
The EEOC is updating this 2009 publication to address its application to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Employers and employees should follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as state/local public health authorities on how best to slow the spread of this disease and protect workers, customers, clients, and the general public. The American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Rehabilitation Act do not interfere with employers following advice from the CDC and other public health authorities on appropriate steps to take relating to the workplace. This update retains the principles from the 2009 document but incorporates new information to respond to current employer questions.
The EEOC reminds us that all federal regulations are still being enforced during the COVID-19 pandemic. All anti discrimination laws will be followed and all discrimination claims will be reviewed and processed.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Given the current COVID-19 pandemic, employers are more than ever looking towards the regulatory agencies for guidance to be able to have their employees return to the workforce safely while complying with anti-discrimination laws. Employers need the EEOC guidance to ensure that candidates and employees are protected against discriminatory practices. Moreover, there are some regulations that are being adjusted due to COVID-19 while other regulations must still be followed. This training will guide employers to make decisions about how they communicate with candidates/employees during on-boarding, telecommuting, termination and what the federal resources are to assist employees during this time.
- The EEOC revised their guidance by adding updates based on the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn how the updates are identified
• Learn how the EEOC plans to prepare employers for the safety of employees
• Learn why it is critical to understand the impact of COVID-19 on the American with Disabilities Act (ADA)
• Learn how both the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the ADA determine what is a pandemic
• Learn what the EEOC/ADA prohibit and permit due to COVID-19
• Learn how to handle requests for Reasonable Accommodation during the pandemic
• Learn if employers can take employees’ temperature and when
• Learn what questions employers can ask when they are hiring, rehiring or recalling employees post-COVID-19 that do not violate anti discrimination laws
• Learn which regulations have changed due to the pandemic and which regulations are still in place
• What reasonable accommodations are restricted during the pandemic?
• Can employers require employees to telecommute?
• Can employers require employees to wear protective gear at the worksite?
• Learn how employers can prepare to open safely and protect candidates, employees, subcontractors and their stakeholders
- Learn how employers treat employees during the COVID-19 and not violate discriminatory practices
• EEOC makes decision to stop the EEO-1 reporting until 2021
• Other EEOC regulation changes due to COVID-19 pandemic
• Learn what the employer challenges are when recalling or deciding to furlough or layoff employees
• Learn how the federal resources impact the decisions that employers make as they decide how to open their business
• Learn what employers should look to when making decisions for recalling employees from furlough without violating discrimination regulations
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- Business Owners
• Company Leadership
• Compliance professionals
• Payroll Administrators
• HR Professionals
• Employers in all industries
Years of Experience: 14+ years
Areas of Expertise: HR Management and Compliance
Margie Faulk is a senior-level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Advisor for HR Compliance Solutions, LLC, Margie, has worked as an HR Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie has provided small to large businesses with risk management strategies that protect companies and reduces potential workplace fines and penalties from violation of employment regulations. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and bi-cultural.
Margie is a speaker and accomplished trainer and has created and presented compliance seminars/webinars for US and International organizations. Margie offers compliance training to HR professionals, business owners, and leadership to ensure compliance with workplace and regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from the Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
Use Promo Code SUMS20 and get flat 20% discount on all purchases.
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494