- This event has passed.
Paid Sick and Family Leave: Multi-State Updates for Mastering Emerging Compliance Obligations
March 11 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm CDT$189
Topic : Paid Sick and Family Leave: Multi-State Updates for Mastering Emerging Compliance Obligations
Discount Coupon : Use this Coupon (NEW2COMPLIANCE) and get (10% Off) On New Signup
Do you offer paid sick leave to your employees. Currently, eight states, plus the District of Columbia, and over twenty localities have paid/earned sick/safe leave laws on their books – and that number is growing – so soon you may not have a choice. Mandated paid sick/safe leave is gaining support. On September 7, 2015 President Obama signed a new executive order, granting up to 7 days of paid sick leave per year to employees working for federal government contractors.
Areas Covered in the Session :
- What an effective, legal PTO policy looks like
- The new executive order requiring federal contractors to grant paid sick leave to employees
- Where paid sick leave laws have passed or are being considered across the country
- Requirements concerning carryover and notice/posting requirements
- PTO recommended practices on tricky issues, including partial-day absences, use of accrued PTO during furloughs, a “use it or lose it” policy, and structuring your PTO bank
- Combining PTO leave with protected leave under FMLA – when and how to do it.
- What you need to know before changing PTO accrual rates
- Cashing out unused time — PTO counts as a wage under state law
- PTO and the exempt employee: When you can dock their pay without jeopardizing the exemption
- Legal ways to institute caps on vacation banks
Speaker Profile :
Janette Levey Frisch is Keynote Speaker at ComplianceKey. She is founder of The EmpLAWyerologist Firm, has over 20 years of legal experience, more than 10 of which she has spent in Employment Law. It was during her tenure as sole in-house counsel for a mid-size staffing company headquartered in Central New Jersey, with operations all over the continental US, that she truly developed her passion for Employment Law.
Contact Info :
Email : [email protected]
Phone : +1 717-208-8666