- This event has passed.
Legal Issues Concerning COVID-19 in the Workplace
June 24 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm CDT$159 – $199
The Coronavirus may have brought much of the world as we know it to a temporary halt. Employment laws, and employers’ obligations, however, are not on hold.
Employers still have an obligation to provide their employees a safe, workplace, free of harassment and discrimination. Employers are still required to make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. But how does an employer meet these seemingly competing interests?
With Congress just having passed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, and some States looking to file suit, the legal landscape has changed and may continue to change for a while. In this webinar we will explore those and other issues relevant to employers in today’s climate.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Attending this webinar will help you understand how the laws have changed in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic and what the employers need to know to stay out of legal troubles.
- When you can and can’t require employees to be tested
• Wage and hour law compliance including remote work requirements and potential shutdowns or furloughs
• Sick leave and other leaves of absence, including when and how employers must provide sick leave or other statutory leaves of absence for employees affected by coronavirus
• The Families First Coronavirus Response Act
• Employee privacy rights, including when an employer can request health-related information from employees and when and how an employer can communicate with employees about a diagnosed case in the workplace
• Potential employer liability to employees who become infected by COVID-19 at work
Learn about the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, how it impacts the employment laws and what are the rights and obligations of employers and employees.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- HR Directors
• HR Practitioners
• Business Owners
• Senior Managers
• Leave Administrators
• Benefits Administrators
• Payroll/Compensation Officers
• In-House Counsel
Janette Levey Frisch, founder of The EmpLAWyerologist Firm, is an employment/HR attorney with over 20 years of legal experience. Ms. Frisch is a legal wellness professional for employment practices and workforce challenges. She works with employers to craft solid employment practices wellness plans tailored to address an organization’s needs and concerns. As a consultant, she offers legal services on virtually all federal and NJ and NY state employment law issues.
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494