- This event has passed.
Employee Traveling Issues, Travelling Compensation -2020
March 10 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm CDT$110
Travel pay computations can be complex and confusing, even for experienced payroll professionals. The FLSA and state wage and hour laws require employers to pay employees for all hours worked and include all hours worked in computing overtime compensation. An employee’s total hours include all time spent doing work for the employer including time spent traveling on behalf of the employer.
In this webinar expert speaker, Patrick Haggerty will discuss what employers must know, which hours must be compensated, which payments must be included in the regular rate of pay, and how to compute the correct amount of overtime compensation.
Why you should Attend
In this webinar attendees will understand the mistakes in computing time worked or overtime compensation may lead to wage and hour complaints and claims. It is important for employers and establishes clear policies regarding employee business travel and communicate those policies to employees to assure compliance and avoid problems.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Understand how the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Portal to Portal Act affect employer travel pay policy
- Understand the importance of communicating travel pay and expense reimbursement policy to employees
- Distinguish between non-compensable commuting time and travel time that constitutes hours worked subject to compensation
- Know when employees are considered working while away from home
- Understand how the rules apply differently in different situations – Driver or passenger in a vehicle – exempt or nonexempt employee – during normal business hours or non-business hours – weekends or regular business days
- Know when expense reimbursement must be included in employee wages
- Distinguish between an accountable and non-accountable employee business expense plan
Who Will Benefit
- Payroll Supervisors and Personnel
- HR Managers
- Accounts Payable Supervisors and Personnel
- Public Accountants
- Internal Auditors
- Tax Compliance Officers
- Enrolled Agents
- Employee Benefits Administrators
- Officers and Managers with Tax Compliance Oversight
- Company / Business Owners
- Managers/ Supervisors
- Public Agency Managers
- Audit and Compliance Personnel / Risk Managers
Email: [email protected]
Phone: US: (510) 962-8903
Phone: Zurich: +41 – 43 434 80 33
Website : https://www.traininng.com