- This event has passed.
Developing a Compliance Program for Small and Rural Health Care Providers
October 10 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am CDT$139
This presentation will cover the reasons for the need for a compliance program, the elements of a compliance program that will pass muster with state or federal investigators, the purpose of each of those elements, suggestions for implementing each of them with limited resources, challenges faced and suggestions for addressing those challenges.
Why should you Attend: The lack of an effective compliance program increases the potential for illegal or unethical conduct which, in turn, exposes the organization to legal liability as well as significant financial penalties.
Putting a compliance program together that mitigates the likelihood of fraudulent Medicare or Medicaid billing or violations of HIPAA or 42 CFR Part 2, the federal Anti-trust Statute or Stark laws, for example, can be done without a significant increase in overhead and a program that meets national standards can be easily implemented.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Background – Why do we need a program
- Program content – What do we need to include in the program
- Discussion of each of the program elements – How do we implement each of the program elements
- Right-sizing your program – What you don’t need to do
- Implementation challenges – How to make the program work for you
Who Will Benefit:
- Compliance, Privacy and Security Officers
Netzealous LLC – MentorHealth
Phone No: 1-800-385-1607
Email: [email protected]