- This event has passed.
Corporate Response to the Black Lives Matter Movement
August 16 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am CDT$145
Join us to learn best practices for responding to the Black Lives Matter movement, how to take action as an organization and become an ally that can to make a difference.
We will include terminology to become familiar with, such as allyship and white fragility, while providing actionable steps your organization could take to support the movement, which will also ultimately result in your ability to engage and attract current and future talent and customers, while having a positive impact on equality, fairness and inclusion.
While many organizations have put out a public statement regarding their stance, some organizations aren’t realizing that there are institutionalized systems in place in their own organization that contradict the message. Join us to hear more about how to steer clear of this embarrassing situation and aviod losing your best employees and customers and damaging your brand.
Why you should Attend:The Black community has suffered from systemic racism for too long. Don’t become complicit in your silence. Support your employees and support Black people in this movement. Don’t lose top talent or deter them from applying due to inaction or lack of support. Learn what steps you can take and how to educate your employees as well!
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Why be an ally?
- What “allyship” in the Black Lives Matter movement really means
- How employment branding and corporate social responsibility can impact your talent pool
- Authentic actions of an ally and how to “walk the talk”
- What to include in your public statement about the movement
- How to take action as an organization and equip your employees to become educated in the movement
- Innovative case examples
- Your questions
Who Will Benefit:
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Marketing Teams