Who is Mastercard?We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.Job TitleDirector, Risk ManagementOverviewThe Operational Risk Management (ORM) team manages Mastercard’s ORM program. The team develops and maintains procedures for business and process owners to identify, capture, measure, monitor, report and manage operational risks. We partner with business and process owners to increase their awareness and understanding of business risks, driving process improvement rather than mere risk avoidance. This position will be based in Purchase, New York, which is Mastercard’s global headquarters. Leading a staff of two, this role will drive risk assessment activities globally.
- Do you view risk management as enabling opportunities?
- Have you led the development, implementation and management of risk governance?
- Do you enjoy being part of virtual teams, collaborating across all three lines of defense to drive business results?
- Develop, maintain and enhance key elements of the ORM Policy—to be applied by business and process owners—including risk and control self-assessment framework, scenario analysis, risk event management, issue management, monitoring and reporting
- Collaborate with business/process owners and business unit controllers to prioritize and apply ORM Policy standards
- Serve as a liaison and subject matter expert with controllers, business and process owners on risk identification and assessment, as well as control identification, assessment and monitoring; recommend practical alternatives for risk mitigation and process improvement
- Design approach to assess and aggregate business unit level risks
- Develop and implement communications and training strategy to drive strong control environment and accountability for risk management across the first line of defense
- Implement and maintain process to aggregate risk events and issues across business functions to identify and analyze themes, trends and control gaps
- Develop data-driven, risk-based insights and management reporting to support business decisions at senior, executive and Board levels
All About You
- Proven expertise in risk management frameworks gained through operations, business advisory and/or audit roles
- Consultative mindset and reputation for being a strong business partner
- Ability to apply risk and control methodologies and techniques across IT, finance and other business environments is essential
- Information systems qualification (CISA, CISM or CRISC) or demonstrated equivalent knowledge
- Background in telecommunications or payments industry preferred
- Ability to effectively interact and influence people at all levels
- Global work experience and capacity to manage tasks across multiple regions, cultures and time zones
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrated process and project management capabilities
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Click here to apply.