The Director, Quality Compliance will lead all efforts and programs around product quality and compliance inclusive of: factory audits, product testing, quality assurance, import banking and import compliance. The Director is accountable to drive the performance of suppliers, factories, agent(s) and third-party providers. In this key leadership role, the Director will manage and develop the JOANN Quality and Compliance Team (currently 10 team members) and will continually improve programs to meet growing business needs. The Director will be responsible to meet/exceed changing regulatory requirements and adhere to evolving industry/market demands. The Director will develop and drive initiatives to stream-line work and increase productivity. The Director will be a key liason with team shaping and training responsibility for the Quality team in Asia.
- Manage performance of suppliers / buying agent / third party provider / JOANN Quality team in Asia in terms of factory audits and quality assurance.
- Ensure mandatory testing protocols are adhered to on all applicable products and develop any custom protocols specifically for JOANN as necessary.
- Inform teams on potential quality, compliance & safety issues prior to finalization.
- Manage supplier set up process inclusive of factory audit review and managing CAP plans.
- Manage audit calendar to ensure all active factories are in compliance with audit protocol.
- Collaborate with internal partners on quality assurance/control issues and drive to resolution. Uncover root causes of quality issues discovered at any point in development, production and/or receipt and formulate / communicate a plan of action with suppliers/agents.
- Monitor and report on Global, Federal, State and local government regulations / programs/ agreements that have potential impact to JOANN. Provide insights into advantageous materials and/or sources to Sourcing team. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Oversee import banking and import compliance timelines and tasks.
- Provide on-going reporting on quality and compliance metrics.
- Develop a strategic plan, inclusive of continuous improvement tools and processes to support the department.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree.
- Required: Director 8+ years in field, 3+ as a Manager or higher with experience in Quality Assurance / Compliance, consumer products and team leadership.
- Preferred: 10+ years of experience in Quality Assurance / Compliance, consumer products, and team leadership.
Click here to apply.