14797 Director, Credit and Risk (Open)
Forte – Operations Support
Essential Duties And Responsibilities Include The Following.
- Maintain regular awareness of trends and developments in credit risk assessment, scoring and modeling technologies, risk analytics and finance with a focus on incorporating strategic continuous improvements to processes.
- Support the implementation and executive of a fraud-monitoring program.
- Manage the credit and risk team processes responsible for credit underwriting and risk management activities.
- Create policies and strategies that minimize credit, fraud and/or operating losses and other risk exposures while supporting initiatives to grow the business.
- Work directly and through subordinates to analyze merchant financial strength, performance, suspicious activity and risk exposure.
- Analyze merchant account performance to identify potential negative transaction trends and take proactive steps to limit risk.
- Manage and take actions to improve new merchant underwriting and ongoing monitoring program.
- Actively manage and continuously improve workflow management to ensure effective use of resources and adherence to service level agreements.
- Provide focused feedback loops for analysts and teams based on performance and quality data.
- Recruit and manage credit and risk staff, providing focus and clarity in establishing individual goals, driving performance management, supporting career development and rewarding strong performers.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of Best Practices Guides to address fraud, chargeback and other risk-related acceptance issues.
- Prepare monthly management reports on program status and trends.
- Develop automated underwriting strategies that integrate robust analytical techniques in addition to feedback from manual underwriters and the salesforce.
- Ensure credit risk policy remains compliant with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Works with senior leadership to refine risk profiles, risk appetite, and key risk metrics
- Create and implement credit and risk strategies.
- Create market relevant credit policies which address high acceptance rates, risk appetite and regulatory needs.
- Manage existing 3rdparty partners to enhance our credit risk and underwriting, fraud capabilities.
- Ensure that the credit risk models used are robust, reliable, effective and continue to be fit for our purpose.
- Analysis and reporting of credit quality, scorecard performance, channel quality and overall credit performance.
- Oversee the delivery of the credit policy framework and perform analysis in order to recommend policy and scoring enhancements.
- Ensure that emerging risks are identified and highlighted to senior management.
- Review, update and maintain Risk policies.
- Ensure a coordinated and consistent approach to Risk activities.
- Work with Underwriting to ensure a coordinated and consistent approach to Risk and Underwriting activities.
- Design and produce effective Risk management reporting.
- Design group underwriting criteria and risk guidelines.
- Be expert in both industry and company specific trends affecting financial risk and fraud risk.
- Develop and manage risk review procedures and guidelines.
- Assists in the early identification of risk trends by establishing and monitoring key performance and risk indicators.
- Evaluate current Risk management and monitoring strategies.
- Directs Credit and Risk teams in the development of dashboards and reporting formats.
- Oversee the design and implementation of new Risk management reporting, strategies and framework for internal risk management.
- Upon completion on internal risk management framework, oversee the design and implementation for external use of the risk management tool.
- Conduct risk reviews of new merchants and other merchants, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Click here to apply.