Director of Compliance
The Director of Compliance will play an important role in a dynamic Compliance organization and reports to the Chief Compliance Officer. The Director will serve as a regulatory compliance subject matter expert and is responsible for leading, implementing and managing compliance programs, processes and technologies consistent with Green Dot’s policies and executive management’s commitment to maintain a high standard of compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The Director will monitor company practices to facilitate ongoing compliance with applicable laws and regulations and policies and procedures, and routinely reports results and highlights emerging trends.
- Provide regulatory expertise (consumer protection, privacy and other banking and payment regulations) and guidance to compliance team members and stakeholders across the organization.
- Perform quality reviews of new initiatives and marketing campaigns assessments.
- Review new product and service offerings and marketing campaigns across channels (print, online and social media) to identify compliance risks and advise stakeholders on necessary mitigating controls.
- Provide input on new initiative risk assessments and requirements for ongoing compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Participate in the due diligence process and review of potential acquisition targets to assess compliance risks.
- Establish guidelines, policies, procedures and processes to optimize reviews of new initiatives and other areas requiring compliance assessments (e.g., marketing).
- Support bank compliance requirements.
- Optimize, streamline and automate compliance processes and operations to improve scalability and responsiveness, including identifying enhancements, developing project plans, forming governance processes and working groups, defining project success criteria and metrics and driving plan execution to completion.
- Develop compliance key risk indicators (KRIs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) to facilitate trend and risk identification and analysis.
- Strengthen compliance monitoring through enhanced data analytics and reporting.
- Develop reports and presentations on key compliance activities, trends, and risks to senior management and the Board.
- Minimum seven to ten years of experience in Compliance, Law or Risk Management, preferably in a financial institution, payments organization, law or consulting firm or regulatory agency.
- Bachelor’s degree required / advance degree preferred (JD, LLM or MBA).
- Law degree a plus.
- Highly knowledgeable in banking and payment regulations (consumer protection, privacy, Regulation E, Regulation W, FACTA, FCRA, Regulation CC, TCPA, UDAAP, Prepaid Rule, etc.).
- Understanding and experience with implementing and operating within the three lines of defense model.
- Experienced in developing Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), reporting dashboards, data analysis and process flows.
- Experienced in compliance risk assessments, monitoring, testing and due diligence.
- Adept at drafting policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a leader in a fast-paced, high-growth and dynamic environment.
- Proven skills in relationship building, influence management, decision-making and ability to unify diverse interests across multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on courses of action.
- Strong analytical skills and a demonstrated aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to approach common problems.
- Knowledgeable in regulatory technology (RegTech) solutions for compliance risk management; strong technology background a plus.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Strong managerial and organizational skills and ability to work in an efficient manner.
- Strong project management skills to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and drive projects to completion.
- High degree of initiative and strong ability to meet principle accountabilities with limited direction and oversight.
- Proficient with MS Office Professional programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Excellent report and presentation design, preparation and delivery skills.
- CRCM, ACAMS, CIPP, CFE or other relevant compliance certification a plus.
Click here to apply.