Prudential’s Corporate Compliance organization is seeking an experienced financial services leader to fill a Director, Compliance Officer (CO) role for a registered investment adviser. The CO will run the functional compliance program, which will involve: consultative discussions with business partners, oversight of the execution of a robust compliance testing program, regulatory filings, regulatory change management, and frequent strategic and tactical check-ins with the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO), among other compliance responsibilities.
This role requires a cross-functional customer centric view into Prudential’s business units. The right person will have broad knowledge in Investment Adviser and Broker Dealer regulatory frameworks and business operations, and a good understanding of ways to leverage technology to optimize compliance related controls and activities. An important part of the role will be to work with the CCO to generate ideas to enhance the compliance program, eliminate duplications and inefficiencies and increase the effectiveness of the program to ensure that the highest risks are properly identified and mitigated.
This role reports directly to the CCO of Prudential Customer Solutions, a registered investment adviser, and will work closely with front-line management in the RIA and in Prudential’s Customer Office, but also be expected to interact regularly with operations, product development, and technology staff members. An ability to communicate with all partner groups will be a key aspect of success in this role and interactions with, and status reports to, the CCO will also be required on a regular basis.
You will get to work in an exciting, engaging and agile startup environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and, most importantly, have fun.
- The role will effectively implement a compliance program for the registered investment adviser on behalf of the CCO that is effective in preventing, detecting and mitigating violations of applicable law or Prudential policies. The person must also develop line of sight into key vendor processes and enhance vendor relationships.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining compliance monitoring, updating policies & procedures, reporting, testing, and applying regulatory guidance as well as industry best practices.
- Responsible for providing ongoing compliance support and advice for the day to day activities of the RIA as well as designing and implementing new strategies and initiatives. When necessary, the Compliance Officer will be required to represent the CCO on matters relating to the compliance program.
- Promote, protect and set the tone to reflect the Company’s reputation for ethics, integrity and honesty in all dealings
- Monitor the effectiveness of established compliance processes and controls; recommend and implement enhancements
- Assist the CCO in dealing with regulators, auditors and business unit management regarding regulatory exams and inquiries.
- Provide compliance support for new product initiatives, at the direction of the CCO.
- Integrate industry benchmarking and best practices through ongoing research, education and industry affiliations
- Coordinate with other Compliance teams, Corporate Compliance, and other divisions as necessary
Desired Skills and Experience
- Expertise and extensive knowledge of RIA regulations and operations
- Well versed in investment process, broker-dealer operations, and Turnkey Asset Management Program (TAMP) management
- Understanding of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and the Investment Company Act of 1940, specifically Rule 3a-4 compliance
- Five plus years of compliance and/or RIA operations experience, or related experience.
- Experience with developing, implementing and maintaining written policies and procedures governing RIA compliance activities
- Understanding of customer transactions and communication, operational work flows, internet technologies, as well as development methodology for a complex multi-business environment
- Ability to work and react quickly in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Proven communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal) sufficient to interact with all levels of management
- Relationship management and experience with direct leadership of teams
- Ability to interpret rules and analyze complex issues
- Ability to reach sound judgments and act quickly under tight deadlines while balancing competing priorities
- Creative and strategic approach to problem solving and change management
- Proven analytical and project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Click here to apply.