Conselium, an executive search firm, has completed a search on behalf of Teva Pharmaceuticals. Ms. Astrid Amelink began her role of Director Medical Affairs Compliance Europe on April 21 in the company’s office in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Ms. Amelink’s Responsibilities include:
- Partnering in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures
- Provide strategic compliance consulting to members of EU Medical Affairs Management
- Advising on medical science liaison interactions, phase IIIb and IV clinical trials, investigator-sponsored studies, health economics/outcomes measures, medical information, medical convention booth conduct, medical education, and sponsorships
- Ensuring review and approval of activities relevant to EU healthcare professional (HCP) interactions
- Design/implement MA compliance training and effective communication
- Participate in implementation of EU risk management plans to identify and mitigate compliance risks
- Collaborating with business partners towards aggregate spend methodology and accuracy
- Leading the investigation of compliance-related incidents
Ms. Amelink held previous Compliance Officer positions for Merck and Biogen Idec.
The backbone of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries is its world-leading generic pharmaceuticals business. Through subsidiary Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, the company makes generic versions of brand-name antibiotics, heart drugs, heartburn medications, and more — in all about 300 generic products. Teva’s US generic products include equivalents of such blockbusters as antidepressant Prozac and cholesterol drug Mevacor. The company, Israel’s top drug maker, also develops and manufactures proprietary drugs, including multiple sclerosis treatment Copaxone and Parkinson’s disease treatment Azilect. Its active pharmaceutical ingredients division makes drug components for Teva and other pharmaceutical manufacturers.