Privacy management company DataGrail analyzed how many CCPA data subject requests went across its platform in the first half of 2020 and found that organizations should expect to process hundreds of CCPA data subject requests (DSRs), with do-not-sell requests being the most popular requests from consumers.
Highlights from the report include:
- Do-not-sell (DNS) requests are the most common type of DSR by 2x
- One-third of every DSR will go unverified, confirming the need for a robust and scalable verification method
- 40 percent of access requests were NOT verified, validating concerns that fraudulent requests could be made to steal data
- In 2020, companies manually processing DSRs should expect to pay $240,000 per one million records to fulfill requests
- B2C companies should prepare to process approximately 170 total DSRs per one million consumer records each year
Instant Download: Read It Now
Can’t see the download form? Disable your ad blocker.