As we enter 2021 with considerable uncertainty, a new report from Hogan Lovells highlights expectations for a year that will be shaped by ongoing political disruption and pandemic-related pressure. Despite these unpredictable times, Hogan Lovells attorneys have identified several unifying trends across key industries and jurisdictions globally, including:
- An expectation for continued cross-border enforcement activity and collaboration.
- The alignment of European corporate criminal liability laws with equivalent U.S. legislation.
- A global crackdown and focus on mitigating bribery and money laundering.
- Increased scrutiny for the financial services and technology sectors.
- A likelihood fraud and white-collar crime will spike after being hidden since March 2020 amid COVID-19.
The report reviews the current white-collar crime and enforcement landscape, makes predictions about the year to come and offers suggestions for improving corporate compliance programs.
Read the full findings by downloading the report below.