The Chief Compliance Officer oversees the university’s compliance programs, helping ensure the institution is following federal and state regulations. Directs the formulation, execution, and evaluation of strategic compliance planning in support of the university’s vision, mission and values. Provides integrated research, planning, support and leadership in the development of core initiatives for the University of Houston (UH).
- In conjunction with executive management and the Office of Legal Affairs, provide guidance and information to the Audit and Compliance Committee of the Board of Regents on matters relating to compliance.
- Assist with the development, initiation, maintenance and revision of policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to help prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Interfaces with senior administration, faculty, staff, and government agency officials in the representation and development of strategic compliance programs, policies, services, and various UH compliance initiatives
- Assist with providing training to all UH compliance programs; clarify duties and responsibilities for helping ensure ethical and legal behavior and compliance with codes of conduct and work with institutional representatives to maintain compliance standards
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; in conjunction with the Office of Legal Affairs, develop/implement compliance policies and procedures for resolution of compliance issues, and provide guidance on how to handle compliance issues in the future.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to compliance with government laws and regulations, and helps create awareness of the university’s compliance programs.
- Work with the Office of Legal Affairs, the Internal Auditing Department and other UH departments, to respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies and procedures and oversee a system for uniform handling of alleged violations.
- Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate compliance activities of the university’s compliance programs and to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Directs the preparation of short and long- term strategic and operations goals pertaining to the university’s compliance programs.Develops, conducts and oversees internal reviews to assess compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Performs other job-related duties as required.
EEO/AAMasters and 7 years experience
Requires application of advanced principles, techniques and theory in a professional discipline or a thorough general business management knowledge. Knowledge of this level is typically obtained through a directly job-related Master’s degree. Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of job-related experience.
Click here to apply.Corporate Compliance Insights is a wholly owned subsidiary of Conselium Executive Search, the global leader in compliance search.