1:57 pm -- February 13, 20191:20 pm -- February 13, 20193:50 pm -- February 4, 201910:55 am -- February 1, 2019
Matt Putvinski, CPA, CISA, CISSP, is a Principal in the Information Technology (IT) Assurance group at Wolf and Company in Boston, MA. Additionally, Matt Putvinski is the Chief Information Security Officer for the Firm.
Matt has worked in the information technology field for more than thirteen years during which time he has provided auditing, consulting and programming support for various applications and networks. Prior to joining Wolf, he worked with a medical information technology company where he was responsible for the programming, implementation and support of medical information systems.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
In addition to being a Principal in the IT Assurance group, Matt manages IT security audits surrounding network operating systems, critical business applications, firewalls, and web servers. He also provides oversight surrounding the audit, development and implementation of critical technology processes including disaster recovery, incident response, and strategic technology planning.
EDUCATION, LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- B.S. in Accounting, Bryant College
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Massachusetts
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
MEMBERSHIPS AND ORGANIZATIONS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National and New England chapters of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Information Systems Security Association
- President (2008-2009), New England chapter of ISACA
PRESENTATIONS AND ARTICLES
- February 2009 – Massachusetts Bankers Internal Auditors “Information Security”
- June 2008 – ISACA New England Annual Meeting
“No News Really Can Be Good News – 5 ways to stay OUT of the newspaper”
- April 2008 – ISACA New England/Institute for Internal Auditors, Maine
- September 2007 – Massachusetts Bankers Association
“Best Practices in Vendor Management”
- May 2007 – Association of Corporate Counsel
“Ripped from the Headlines: Data Privacy”
- May 2007 – Massachusetts Bankers Association
“Internal Auditors Workshop – Information Security & Privacy”
Matthew Putvinski can be contacted by email at mputvinski[at]wolfandco[dot]com or you can follow him on Twitter: @mattputvinski.
Matthew Putvinski has contributed to the following articles to Corporate Compliance Insights:
- IT Security Series Part 1: Information Security Best Practices
Lack of a documented security policy is a huge red flag when determining liability in the event of an incident. You do not know when the next attack will happen…Read More