Affirm strives to reimagine consumer finance from the ground up, including compliance. As such, Affirm seeks a Director of Compliance to own implementation of all aspects of regulatory compliance including program management, risk assessment, control assessment and design, complaint management, vendor management, licensing, training and policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will be able to think creatively about leveraging technology to improve business processes and related compliance programs. The role will report into the Chief Compliance Officer, and will interface extensively with other C-level executives and mid-level management.
What you’ll do
- Manage and update compliance program implementation that includes: TILA, FCRA, FDCPA, AML/BSA OFAC sanctions, privacy and security, UDAAP, Cybersecurity, third-party vendor management, business continuity program (BCP), etc.
- Grow and lead a team of qualified compliance professionals
- Manage team resources and budget to build a high performance culture and build capabilities to achieve high employee performance
- Monitor and test effectiveness of policies, procedures, and internal controls which are designed to assess company’s compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Develop compliance risk assessments to address legal and regulatory risks for associated compliance programs
- Monitor the implementation of corrective actions and escalate when appropriate
- Oversee on-site exams (e.g. banking and third party due diligence reviews) and all internal and external audits and certification programs, including: ISO27001, internal audit, independent compliance review, BCP and PCI DSS certification
- Collaborate with lines of business to enhance compliance and risk engine to meet changing legal and regulatory requirements and satisfy business needs
- Serve as subject matter expert to lines of business to determine compliance requirements in products and address existing and emerging compliance risks
- Promote a culture of compliance across the organization
- Advise and guide lines of business and staff in complying with applicable regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures
- Alert leadership and the CCO, and present to the Board of Directors, about emerging regulatory developments and potential impact through regular reporting to senior management, with risk-based focus
What we look for
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Compliance, Risk, or internal audit
- Experience building, growing and managing a large Compliance team at a company that has scaled
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory risks, processes and controls.
- Strong knowledge of control frameworks and the ability to design and evaluate effectiveness of controls embedded within business processes
- Strong project management, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management in a clear and persuasive manner
- Additional experience in Operations a plus
- CRCM, CAMS a plus, but not required
Click here to apply.