The SGUS Compliance Department monitors the corporate banking, investment banking and broker–dealer activities of SGUS and reports on the compliance risks and issues to SGUS and Global Compliance Senior Management. Additionally, the SGUS Compliance Department works closely with the Global Compliance Department in Paris to ensure effective implementation of Global Compliance policies and to coordinate all cross-border business transactions and activities. The SGUS Compliance Department is responsible for monitoring the handling of sensitive confidential business information by SGUS personnel through the Compliance Control Room. It administers the SGUS Employee Investment Policy, arranges for the registration of broker–dealer personnel, and conducts compliance training. In addition, the Advisory Team provides the various business lines with guidance and advice on relevant rules and regulations. The US Financial Crime department is responsible for ensuring compliance with anti-money laundering (“AML”), Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC and sanctions regulations for the US operations. Additionally, AML oversees key processes and risks of the KYC department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Oversee a bank regulatory compliance program that includes an overall risk management governance, a formal compliance risk-and-control framework, regulatory risk assessments, bank regulatory policies, control procedures, surveillance of transactions covered under specific regulations, and training related to specific regulations. Specifically, the Senior Bank Regulatory Compliance Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Managing the Regulation D, Regulation K, Regulation W and Mandatory Absence compliance programs
- Managing compliance with certain SGUS obligations such as, for example, those regarding non-disclosure of confidential supervisory information and pledged assets
- Overseeing Compliance department efforts and obligations with respect to other banking regulations and guidance such as, among others, those relating to anti-tying, Regulation YY and applicable SR letters
- Coordinating bank regulatory Compliance programs for Cayman Branch activities
- Reviewing bank regulatory compliance policies and related compliance and other department procedures on cyclical basis
- Participating in compliance training program as subject matter expert by drafting appropriate training materials and conducting trainings as required
- In coordination with Compliance surveillance team, reviewing surveillance and other control reports and developing or enhancing controls where needed
- Participating in annual and ad hoc risk assessment exercises
- Participating in Firm committees as bank regulatory compliance subject matter expert
Competencies, Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Capable of handling multiple, simultaneous, and various ad-hoc requests.
- Demonstrated history of taking initiative.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic, deadline-focused environment.
- Analytical capability: Able to break down complex problems into simple manageable units, develops solutions for each unit, and integrates them back into the whole. Can absorb ideas quickly and apply then pragmatically
- Risk Management
- Results oriented: setting goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources available to consistently deliver quality results
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness: is self aware of their own behavior and work style, as well as tolerant of different needs and viewpoints. Demonstrates interest in others opinions and shows consideration, concern and respect for other people feelings
- Communication Skills: excellent verbal, writing and presentation skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels within the organization and be able to relay complex technical concept to non-technical audience
- Leadership: create an inspiring vision, set direction and motivate others to follow that direction and reach that vision
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge of US banking regulations
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing skills
Qualifications (Experience, Education, Languages):
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Advanced degree, such as JD or MBA, preferred
Click here to apply.