Aon is looking for an IT Director – Risk Management
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting risk, in Chicago, IL.
Your impact as an IT Director – Risk Management
- Lead and oversee a varied and complex regulatory compliance program covering multiple domains and disciplines. Providing guidance with security regulations and standards applicable to Aon including: Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOx”), PCI, HIPAA, SOC
- Collaborate with program leads to depict overall compliance status for IT Platform Services organization
- Provide regular updates on the state of IT compliance for program leadership and/or external stakeholder
- Managing the stakeholder expectation & partnering with stakeholders to ensure management of IT risks and compliance.
- Maintain regional and local stakeholder relationships, consult in the preparation and maintenance of clear documentation; including program guidance, assessment results, responses and remediation ensuring consistency across compliance programs
- Collaborate/partner with the IT teams to ensure ownership and remediation of regulatory requirements.
- Build and improve upon the IT Platforms services risk register and ability to formulate the plan of action.
- Communicate and articulate the compliance requirements to a broad range of IT Platform services with Global Security Services to gain alignment on the scope and align on approach.
- Establish and streamline an intake mechanism
- Lead and effectively manage compliance audits and coordinate with stakeholder IT Platform Services and Global Security Services team in delivering ITGC mandates.
- Appropriately analyze ITGC findings and participate in remediation of issues with control owner /assurance partners.
- Embed a culture of continued improvement of existing IT Compliance programs
- Focus on streamlining and optimize current process, process standardization and creating repeatable processes
- Ensure measurements are in place that trend progress of IT compliance with regulations and standards and articulate maturity in IT Compliance programs.
- This role is global in scope and would require flexibility to work across time zones
- Prepare stakeholder presentations for stakeholders and senior leadership
- Lead a team of IT Security and Compliance professionals.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Compliance or auditing experience for minimum of two regulations – SOX, HIPAA, PCI, GDPR and SOC1
- Detailed knowledge of ITGC, Auditing principles.
- Minimum 15-20 years working in area of ITGC compliance or auditing.
- Knowledge of controls manifestation in large global corporations with regional and local presence is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in a global public company
- Minimum of 3 years of in-depth experience in regulatory compliance, IT risk management and/or audit roles
- Experience with international compliance requirements/standards such as Payment Card Data Security Standards, HIPAA, GLBA, Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404, FSA and Safe Harbor.
- Management experience including direct reports
- Proven success in developing and implementing complex global risk, compliance and governance programs
- Strong knowledge of applicable compliance/risk concepts and methodologies
- Ability to work across lines of business and balance the needs of multiple constituents across geographies
- Strong collaborative and influencing skills
- Strategic thinking and Problem solving
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Click here to apply.