Further Details Regarding Areas Of Responsibility And Expectations For The Successful Candidate Are Described Below
The Internal Audit Director will be a senior member of the Finance team and will report directly to the Audit Committee of the Board or Directors and administratively to the Chief Compliance Officer. The position calls for an individual who has the vision and drive to elevate the function to a world class internal audit function. In addition, the Director will oversee the development and implementation of an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework for the Company. The Director will assess risk and oversee the development of efficient audit plans; conclude and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, governance and risk management; and execute on the overall strategy of the Internal Audit function.
- Perform special projects, including due diligence of acquisition targets, system implementations, efficiency projects, etc.
- Clearly communicate issues, including preparing comprehensive written reports, and pursue effective and timely resolution to issues.
- Work with key staff members and business unit management as needed.
- Develop and foster working relationships, focusing on the identification of solutions to issues and continuous improvements in business processes.
- Responsible for planning and performing Section 404 evaluations of internal controls.
- Perform Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 risk assessments and compliance audits.
- Periodically report to senior management, the Audit Committee and our external auditors regarding status of internal controls; Sarbanes Oxley 404 assessments and any identified deficiencies.
- Perform evaluation of all deficiencies from a qualitative and quantitative aspect and determine whether they represent significant deficiencies or material weaknesses. Assist in remediation efforts for open deficiencies.
Internal Audit Function
- Perform or lead audit projects and business process reviews at all the company locations.
- Gather and analyze data as necessary to accomplish audit objectives in a timely manner.
- Develop formal reports expressing conclusions of areas audited and recommendations to address risks and exposures.
- Perform internal risk assessment, recommend and develop the internal annual audit plan. Upon receipt of Audit Committee approval, the Internal Audit Director will execute and perform the actions necessary to achieve the internal audit objectives and scope.
- Advise the Audit Committee and executive management on industry directions and external benchmarking best practices.
- Prepare reports and communicate status of any/all internal investigations and the results of all internal audits to the CCO and CFO and the Audit Committee. Provide regular reporting to executive management and the audit committee.
- Assist in identifying and managing the relationship of any/all external consulting resources that are engaged to assist in the performance of any/all internal control and auditing activities.
Enterprise Risk Management
- Lead Myriad resources in the implementation, monitoring and refinement of the ERM process.
- Report to Audit Committee and Management on the status of ERM.
- Facilitate annual enterprise wide risk assessment and formulate annual and long-term audit plan.
- Determine and monitor key risk indicators and trends to support risk assessment and the application of appropriate risk mitigation strategies, and maintain dialogue with team members and peers both internally and externally, to provide perspective, influence and guidance.
- Facilitate ERM activities across all functions including ongoing and consistent strategic business processes, and emerging risk identification and assessment, and ensure the successful implementation of a uniform and standardized methodology for risk assessment to the audit plan.
- Bachelors in Accounting and CPA required. CIA preferred.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years audit experience, including time working in a management capacity for a corporate Internal Audit function of a U.S. Public company. International experience is a plus.
- Must possess strong knowledge of Internal Auditing methodologies and standards and be adept at assessing complex processes to identify potential financial, operational, and compliance risks warranting audit attention.
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley section 404 compliance.
- Strong knowledge of risk assessment methodologies and general understanding of enterprise risk management.
- The candidate will be an experienced, hands-on manager with strong business acumen, analytical skills, project management skills, and in-depth knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong communication skills are needed as the person will interact with numerous people throughout the Company, including senior management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong in analytical thinking. Able to quickly evaluate and process issues and creatively solve complex problems in a solutions oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others. Able to influence and pull teams together to meet project goals.
- Ability to balance multiple competing projects and to communicate project status, issues and requirements at all levels within the business.
- Ability to skillfully manage potentially contentious interactions.
- Must work well in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Click here to apply.