- This event has passed.
Why COVID-19 is as Good as Dead
April 1 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm CDT$239
Topic : Why COVID-19 is as Good as Dead
Discount Coupon : Use this Coupon (NEW2IJONA) and get (10% Off) On New Signup
The outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) is a clear and present danger to public health and the U.S. economy, but businesses, along with Federal, State, and local governments, are already taking effective countermeasures to retard its spread. It is possible, if not actually likely, that the disease will become a still-dangerous but manageable nuisance by summer due to suppression of its effective transmission rate as opposed to availability of a vaccine.
Areas Covered in the Session :
- Danger associated with COVID-19
- Risks to human life and health; the disease has a higher lethality than seasonal flu, and can be spread from one person to another through coughing and sneezing. The recommended safety distance is 6 feet (OSHA reference) and not 3 feet as stated by some other online references.
- Overview of “Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19” from OSHA (https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf for the complete document)
- Duty of care for workers
- Continuity of operations considerations
- COVID-19 spreads primarily through coughs and sneezes, but can also be transmitted by contaminated surfaces.
- “Steps All Employers Can Take to Reduce Workers’ Risk of Exposure”
- Encourage sick employees to stay home
- Additional countermeasures
- Social distancing
- Travel restrictions
- Abandonment of the traditional handshake in favor of other greetings
- Face masks versus respirators.
Speaker Profile :
William A. Levinson, P.E., is Keynote Speaker at Ijona Skills. He is the principal of Levinson Productivity Systems, P.C. He is an ASQ Fellow, Certified Quality Engineer, Quality Auditor, Quality Manager, Reliability Engineer, and Six Sigma Black Belt. He is also the author of several books on quality, productivity, and management, of which the most recent is The Expanded and Annotated My Life and Work: Henry Ford’s Universal Code for World-Class Success.
Email : [email protected]
Phone : +1 302-830-3132