- This event has passed.
What’s Next for IoT Regulation?
May 6 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm BSTFree
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a disruptive and rapidly developing technology, expanding into ever more verticals, from the automotive industry to smart homes and healthcare. With IoT’s rapid evolution, the technology has unsurprisingly attracted the attention of regulators worldwide. This presents both risks and opportunities for all players across the IoT supply chain. In 2019, lawmakers started regulating IoT, especially network and device security – a trend that will only grow in 2020.
Join Access Partnership on 6 May from 10am EDT/3pm BST as we discuss recent IoT ecosystem policy developments, how this affects your business, and key global policy and regulatory issues that should be monitored.
- Common challenges for IoT players
- Regulating the IoT ecosystem: Who are the targeted players?
- The IoT enablers: connectivity, spectrum and standards for IoT
- Securing the IoT ecosystem: security and privacy considerations
- Maria Zervaki, Manager, Compliance and Market Intelligence
- Colin Thomson, Head of Infrastructure
- Weiwei Wu, Analyst, Data Policy and Trust
- Moderator: Logan Finucan, Senior Manager, Data Policy and Trust
When: 6 May 10am EDT/7am PDT/3pm BST/4pm CET