- This event has passed.
Travel Pay – Best Practices to Comply with Federal Regulations
September 30 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm EDT$189
Topic : Travel Pay – Best Practices to Comply with Federal Regulations
Discount Coupon : Use This Coupon (NEW2COMPLIANCE) And get (10% Off) on New Signup
Learn when and how you must compensate employees for travel time. Ensure you comply with the requirements under the Portal Act. Get an update on IRS travel expense documentation requirements. Learn about employer liability for accidents of traveling employees. Clearly define when employee meals are 100% deductible and when they are only 50% deductible. Understand the limitations when personal and business travel and entertainment are mixed. Ensure your records will stand the scrutiny of a compensation or tax audit.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- How does employee exempt or non-exempt status under the FLSA affect travel compensation?
- The Fair Labor Standards Act & Portal Act requirements regarding travel pay
- What is the appropriate rate of travel pay
- When must commuting expenses be reimbursed
- When is travel between assignments compensable?
- Reimbursement and compensation rules for extended assignments at temporary locations
- Specific rules for overnight travel
- Travel, entertainment, gift & car expense reimbursements
- Accountable Vs non-accountable plan payments
- The travel advance trap and how to avoid it
- Employer policy manual-communicating travel policies
- Employer’s liability to employees and third parties for damages arising from company travel
Speaker Profile :
Miles Hutchinson is a keynote speaker of ComplianceKey. He is a CGMA and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company. Miles is a professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 2,700 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, like financial analysis and modeling, accounting, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. He is recognized as an expert in payroll and sales & uses tax as well as financial modeling & analysis, business strategy and communications.