- This event has passed.
The New Form I-9 for 2021
March 22 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EDT$149
A new Form I-9 is required for use starting May 1, 2020. This webinar will cover what is new with the I-9, who needs to use the new I-9, and how to use the I-9 in a remote environment such as we are in now with COVID-19. Penalties for non-compliance can range from several-hundred to several-thousand dollars per violation, so it is important for employers to know their I-9 requirements.
- What is the I-9?
- Who needs to use the I-9?
- What has changed on the new I-9?
- What date do employers need to start using the I-9?
- Section-by-section through the I-9
- Completing the I-9 in a COVID-19/remote work environment
- Special situations, including: the I-9 and minors; refugees; foreign students; visa holders; temporary non-immigrant workers; former employees coming back to work; and employees hired before 1986.
Why You Should Attend:
The I-9 has changed for 2020, and the government is requiring usage of this new form starting May 1, 2020. This course will teach you what is new with the form, and review each section of the form. We will also cover various scenarios involving different types of workers.
Penalties for violations of the I-9 can range from several-hundred to several-thousand dollars per violation, so make sure you know your I-9 compliance requirements by attending this webinar.
Who Should Attend:
- All Employers who hire employees
- Business Owners, Company Leadership and Board of Directors (CFO, COO, CEO)
- Federal Contractors
- Department Heads
- Human resources professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Payroll professionals
- Managers/Supervisors & new and potential managers
- Office Managers responsible for HR responsibilities
- Any Employer Representative that has the responsibility for reviewing I-9 documents, onboarding and applicant tracking.
Ask your question directly from our expert during the Q&A session following the live event.
**Recorded Version: Unlimited viewing for 365 days ( Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of live webinar).