- This event has passed.
Safe and Legally Compliant Employee Termination Practices: How to Solve the Issues and Challenges that May Arise
June 26 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm CDT$159
The termination process continues to be a huge risk factor for employers. Many managers/supervisors may not be trained on how to effectively discipline and/or terminate employees risk- free and avoid legal ramifications. In addition, creating a strong documentation and performance process is one of the keys to a strong defensible decision to terminate, and discipline employees. Considering the enforcement arm of the regulatory agencies and how they scrutinize employers’ decisions, there is more opportunities to have termination decisions questioned. Moreover, with the increase in employee allegations and complaints about discrimination and wrongful termination of employment there is heightened risk of violations, fines & penalties.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
The decision to terminate should be made based on several factors to:
- Fair and unbiased information
- Employee termination laws
- Discussing decisions with Leadership and HR Professionals
- Strong documentation of discipline and performance issues
- Discussions with the employee on the impact of their behaviors
- Consistency of the Employee Handbook and the policies on negative behaviors and the consequences communicated to employees
Disciplinary documentations and performance evaluations continues to be the documents that can be part of allegations of wrongful termination and discrimination. Additionally, it is critical because now more than ever, the Employee Handbook and documentation can be a risk for employers. Employers are required to prove the grounds for termination of employee and in case of dispute and allegations, it is imperative that they have all the documentation accurate and on point. This training will provide all mangers and HR professionals with the tools they need to implement a compliant employee termination procedure, to challenge allegations of wrongful termination of employment and to have an effective risk management strategy.
Know how to fire an employee legally, avoiding legal complications. This training will provide the tools necessary to be able to mitigate some of the risk factors employers have when making litigation proof decisions.
- Learn how regulatory agencies and the enforcement initiatives have increased efforts to audit employers’ termination decisions
- Learn how to effectively document discipline, performance and other employee relations issues to handle claims of wrongful termination of employment
- Why is documentation one of the most difficult aspects of employee relations
- Employee termination laws and documentation myths and facts
- What are the elements of an effective documentation
- What policies and procedures must be included in an Employee Handbook to support decisions to document any disciplinary action
- What key issues must be addressed when documenting negative behavior
- What can an employee do if they do not agree or they want to explain their side of the situation
- How can supervisors increase their success when writing corrective actions
- Learn to create a written warning and disciplinary actions that withstand legal scrutiny
- Review the elements that have to be included in a written warning/disciplinary action
- The best performance evaluations describe the good and bad of employee’s performance
- What is the difference between documentation of negative behaviors and a performance improvement plan (PIP)
- How long should a disciplinary action be on an employee’s personal file
- The importance of the Employee Handbook and the consistency of updating regulations, policies and company practices relating to terminations
- Best practices on how to fire an employee legally
- What legal issues should be considered when making a decision to terminate an employee safely
- What employee issues make the employee termination procedure unsafe
- Understanding the grounds for termination of employee
- How terminating volatile employees can withstand legal scrutiny
- How the Volatile Termination Guide can help terminate employees legally and safely
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- All Employers
- Business Owners
- Company Leadership
- Small business owners
- Office Managers
- Compliance professionals
- HR professionals
Years of Experience: 14+ years
Areas of Expertise: HR Management and Compliance
Margie Faulk is a senior-level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Advisor for HR Compliance Solutions, LLC, Margie, has worked as an HR Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie has provided small to large businesses with risk management strategies that protect companies and reduces potential workplace fines and penalties from violation of employment regulations. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and bi-cultural.
Margie is a speaker and accomplished trainer and has created and presented compliance seminars/webinars for US and International organizations. Margie offers compliance training to HR professionals, business owners, and leadership to ensure compliance with workplace and regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from the Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494