Practical Approaches to Managing Toxic Personalities at Work: What Every HR Professional Should Know
October 4 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm CDT$159 – $199
Who are toxic personalities? “They are often known as narcissists, bullies, and clever chameleons who knock down, but kiss up,” said Dr. Kusy, author of his newly released book, Why I Don’t Work Here Anymore: A Leader’s Guide to Offset the Financial and Emotional Costs of Toxic Employees. They shame, manipulate, and belittle in public and private as their modus operandi. Leaders feel the angst they cause, but are often unaware of how prevalent they are or how much they cost—in terms of money and team performance.
Dr. Mitch Kusy will show you how to calculate financial costs of toxic employees in the workplace, as well as innovative and simple recruiting practices to avoid hiring these narcissistic personas in the first place. And what about those 51% of employees who are likely to quit because of a toxic person? Stay tuned for his innovative use of the exit interview that means business, resulting in cost savings with less turnover.
He tackles the two top questions he has received from many HR professionals: How to deal with a toxic boss at work? How to help organizations design cultures of everyday civility that mean business?
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
FEAR: Strategies are easier when your toxic person has performance problems, but what about leadership fears when toxic individuals are your organizational stars?
UNCERTAINTY: Mitch shares how giving feedback to a toxic person is painful because of the uncertainty of results, but it can be done quite effectively.
DOUBT FACTORS: He removes many of our doubts in this webinar by demonstrating how to integrate these strategies into daily practice—building new norms of respectful engagement that offset toxic behaviors. Positive organizational cultures are designed one strategy and one person at a time. He relates this through rich examples, robust practices, and clear strategies—all formed from Dr. Kusy’s research and evidence-based methods.
- 92% of employees rated the range of severity of toxic work behaviors 7 to 10 on a 10-point scale: What are best practices to reduce the severity of these behaviors?
- 94% of employees have worked with a toxic person in the past 5 years: How to manage a toxic employee and what are benchmarked ways for intervention?
- 87% reported that team climate worsened: How can you assess team climate with a simple and innovative assessment tool and how to formulate better strategies for employee performance management?
- 51% of your organization’s top talent is likely to quit because of a toxic person: What are top leadership strategies to reduce this turnover?
- 90% of your customers who witness a toxic interchange between two employees tell others: How can leaders prevent the erosion of your business?
- 6% of individuals impacted by a toxic person ever filed a formal complaint: What can leaders do to increase this low reporting percentage?
With a focus on HR perspectives, Dr. Mitch Kusy shares his extensive 3-year national study that he conducted with over 400 individuals on toxic personalities. Mitch’s heavily researched protocol will demonstrate the top 12 strategies HR professionals should engage with to deal with toxic employees in the workplace and establish cultures of everyday civility. What can HR professionals do to both deal with them once they are in your organization, as well as how to prevent these Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hydes from ever entering your company? Enter this riveting webinar!
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- All industries—profit, non-profit, government, healthcare, education, etc.
- Human resource professionals
- Talent development professionals
- Organization development professionals
Use Promo Code FALL19 and get flat 30% discount on all purchases
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494