- This event has passed.
Performing Anti-Fraud Audits in Purchasing and Accounts Payable
October 21 @ 10:00 am - 11:15 am CDT$199
Why Should You Attend:
With an increased awareness of fraud and the ongoing cost to organizations, taking a proactive stance on performing anti-fraud audits in Purchasing and Accounts Payable is imperative to most organizations. According to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) ”Report to the Nations on Occupational Fraud and Abuse” published in 2012, it predicted that 5% of an organization’s revenue is lost to fraud.
This course will provide you with a basic understanding of Fraud, different data analysis that can be utilized, proactive accounts payable Anti-Fraud examples of reviews that can be conducted and different data analysis tests that can be performed. Some knowledge and use of ACL or IDEA is suggested but not required.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- The fraud triangle and statistics from the ACFE
- A basic understanding of fraud and the different types of fraud that can occur
- Understanding the data that A/P or IT can provide for analysis
- Different data analysis tools that can be utilized (ACL vs. IDEA or just Excel)
- Examples of proactive accounts payable anti-fraud reviews
- Different data analysis tests that can be performed on accounts payable data
- Different data analysis tests that can be performed on purchasing data
Who Will Benefit:
- Internal Audit Personnel involved in Fraud Related Activities
- Internal Audit Management interested in Performing Anti-Fraud Audits of Accounts Payable and Purchasing Cycles
- Professionals Responsible for or Interested in Performing Anti-Fraud Audits
- Risk Officer
- Compliance Officer