- This event has passed.
Paid Family and Sick Leave Laws: A Multi-State Review
September 15 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm EDT$149
LIVE ONLINE TRAINING COURSE
1 CEU HRCI | 1 PDC SHRM APPROVED
Paid Family Leave as well as Paid Sick Leave has gained momentum in many States and localities. Many of these laws impose obligations well beyond those imposed by the federal Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). For those of you with employees in more than one State, the myriad of obligations increases exponentially—especially during the time of COVID. This webinar will provide an overview of those States that have passed Paid Family Leave and Paid Sick Leave laws and their key components.
- What an effective, legal PTO policy looks like
- The new executive order requiring federal contractors to grant paid sick leave to employees
- Where paid sick leave laws have passed or are being considered across the country
- Requirements concerning carryover and notice/posting requirements
- PTO recommended practices on tricky issues, including partial-day absences, use of accrued PTO during furloughs, a “use it or lose it” policy, and structuring your PTO bank