Overview of Construction Claims & Disputes
October 8 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am CDT$110
In this webinar expert speaker’s James Zack will help you to identify several types of owner claims against contractors and the elements of the burden of proof required of all claimants. The basic requirements concerning damages are covered. The webinar will conclude with an outline of various dispute resolution methodologies.
Why should you Attend
This webinar will help attendees to understand the burden of proof requirement all claimants (both owners and contractors) must meet and recognize that all parties to a construction contract must anticipate changes and claims. This webinar will give attendees a brief discussion of claims under various project delivery methods and a summary of an accepted claims preparation and analysis methodology.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Discuss the “universe of construction claims”
- Demonstrate how the basic three part test of a claim (entitlement, causation and damages) applies to each type of claim.
- Educate attendees on how to prepare and present or analyze and settle or defend against construction claims.
- How to deal with construction claims situations and events.
- The downside risk of leaving claims and disputes to fester until the end of a project.
- The fundamentals of contracts and claims.
Who Will Benefit
- Owners of Capital improvement Projects
- Construction Managers and Design Professionals involved in the Construction process
- Contractor Executives
- Project Managers
- Project Sponsors
- Project Control personnel involved in preparing and submitting Construction Claims