- This event has passed.
New Federal Regulation for 2019-2020: What Employers Must Know to be Compliant. Includes State Regulations!
November 19, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm CST$159 – $199
Employers must get prepared for all the employment regulations scheduled to be effective January 1, 2019, 2020 and beyond.
The Department of Labor (DOL) has increased their efforts to audit companies who have not updated their policies & workplace regulations. Not only are there many new workplace laws that will impact employers, but also those laws that were effective in 2017-2018 but employers were not aware.
Managing these laws will determine how employers will survive strict fines and penalties as well as create a robust risk management strategy for their workplace.
Here are just some of the workplace regulation topics impacted between 2018-2020. How many of these issues are you aware have regulations tied to them?
- Paid/unpaid leave
- Transgender restroom requirements and gender equity and expression guidelines
- Pay equity and discrimination
- EEOC and background checks, and new decision matrix requirement
- Immigration changes and how your workplace responds to Trump’s immigration restrictions
- Workplace violence, sexual harassment and discrimination in the workplace
- Marijuana and the challenges posed by Drug and Substance Abuse Testing
- Leave of absence challenges with American with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Wellness Programs
- New EEOC guidance on domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking leave, workplace violence and harassment
- Parental Leave
- Paid sick leave
- Wage deduction restrictions
- New federal contracting regulations
- Reasonable accommodations requirements
- More federal, state and local regulations
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Employers with multi-state locations are more than ever at risk for non-compliance of regulations unless they develop a process to coordinate workplace required posters, new hire communication required, wage increases, transgender restroom obligations, paid leave regulations per state, regulations and requirements for terminated employees and regulations for federal contractors.
- Learn how regulatory agencies develop their enforcement priorities so you can prepare more effectively
- Learn which regulatory agency enforces the workplace regulation in your state
- Federal regulations are still a focus for employers
- Ensure you have all federal regulations in compliance
- See what regulations can impact your budget if you do not comply
- Learn how policy development can save thousands of dollars
- Develop a tracking process to confirm all the regulations which impact your organization
- Manage multi-state poster compliance and workplace compliance
- Learn what workplace regulation trends are impacting laws developed by employer and employee centric states
- Learn which local laws and ordinances supersedes the federal and state laws
- Learn how remote employees can be a headache or an effective way to manage regulations
- Learn how checklists and free tools can be part of your risk management strategies
- Learn which free resources are available to mitigate workplace compliance
- Much, much more best practices, risk and regulatory compliance alerts
- Preparation for workplace regulations and future workforce trends, 2020
- Updating employee handbook policies and procedures
- Reduce risk for regulations violations
- Improve your risk management strategies
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- Business Owners, Company Leadership and Board of Directors (CFO, COO, CEO)
- Federal Contractors
- Department Heads
- Human resources professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Payroll professionals
- Managers/Supervisors & new and potential Managers
- Office Managers responsible for HR responsibilities
- Person responsible for Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
Margie Faulk is a senior-level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Advisor for HR Compliance Solutions, LLC, Margie, has worked as an HR Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie has provided small to large businesses with risk management strategies that protect companies and reduces potential workplace fines and penalties from violation of employment regulations. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and bi-cultural.
Use Promo Code TGD20 and get flat 20% discount on all purchases. Hurry! Offer valid only till November 30th 2019.
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494