- This event has passed.
Managing Safety, Regulations and Issues Related to COVID-19: Practical Guidance for Employers and HR
April 30 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm CDT$159
Employers are facing unexpected and demanding challenges as they navigate the health precautions and government measures related to coronavirus. We heard you and partnered with one of our premier HR experts to give you the best practices and guidance on how to deal with ongoing, new, and unprecedented changes.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
In the U.S., we are scrambling to ensure the safety of our families, workers, and communities. As much as we are able to, we’re also continuing with regular business operations under these trying times. At the same time, we’re dealing with new and unprecedented ways of working, new federal legislation, and ongoing uncertainty.
This session will provide practical guidance for employers and HR for specific operational issues that are already top-of-mind for them…and those that are not.
Join us for this special webinar to learn about the things that will help you to manage through these dynamic times. We’ll help you to keep you focused, on track, and on point with specific employer-related topics during this crisis.
- CDC and WHO guidance for businesses and employers
• HIPAA privacy rule: what to do when your employees come to work sick; specific questions of your employee’s health care provider
• Use of specific leaves of absences: statutory sick leave obligations, Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) including the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act and the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act
• Disability topics including reasonable accommodation and interactive process
• Wages and hours laws: work-from-home considerations, timekeeping, meal and rest periods, allowable pay deductions from exempt pay, workers’ compensation, and temporary telecommuting policy recommendations
• OSHA General Duty Clause
• Layoffs, plant closings, and furloughs – including unemployment considerations
• Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act
During this 60-minute information-rich webinar, Ms. Melveen Stevenson, MBA, SPHR, SHRM, will address the foremost issues facing HR professionals and business leaders now or will possibly face in the near future. Ms. Stevenson will be covering topics including use of specific leaves of absence and other federally-mandated programs; wages and hours laws; work-from-home considerations; and, temporary reduction in work hours and full work stoppage implications.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- C-Level Executive leaders
• Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO)
• Chief Learning Officer
• Directors, Managers and Supervisors
• Human Resources professionals – all levels
Years of Experience: 17+ years
Areas of Expertise: Human Resources Operations and Leadership Development
Melveen Stevenson is the CEO and founder of M.S.Elemental, LLC, a human resources and business advisory firm based in Los Angeles, California. As a certified HR professional with a background in accounting and finance, she helps companies to navigate the human resources “jungle” of compliance, human capital, and leadership challenges. By using an encompassing business approach, she helps to strengthen the infrastructure of organizations from the inside out, specifically through leadership development, operations, training, employee engagement, and career coaching.
Over the last 17 years, Melveen has held leadership positions in human resources operations, supply chain, and talent management at international companies in food manufacturing, medical devices, and consumer products. She has also worked internationally.
Melveen began her career in accounting and international banking. With an inspired desire to support and drive organizational success through human capital, she redirected her career and obtained her MBA at Michigan State University’s Eli Broad Graduate School of Management.
Use Promo Code SPRS20 and get flat 20% discount on all purchases.
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494