- This event has passed.
Letters of Credit for Importers-Exporters: Intricacies of Contractual Agreements, Negotiation and Policies
October 8 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm CDT$159 – $199
Import and export Letters of Credit are the primary instruments for assuring payment of goods sold internationally. Letters of Credit are issued under the Uniform Customs and Practice standard and can be negotiated by over 30,000 banks worldwide.
This web session is designed to provide attendees with an end-to-end understanding of the export Letter of Credit process. From the beginning of a contractual agreement, through the letter of credit application process and actual negotiation of the L/C, this information-rich webinar will provide techniques that are indispensable to both importers and exporters.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
If your organization is engaged in importing and exporting, then your staff should understand Letters of Credit documentation requirements.
In recognition of the challenges associated with the execution of international payment terms, this webinar will provide both importers and exporters with the insight necessary to make well-informed credit decisions. Using a combination of easy-to-understand explanations and real-life scenarios, this program is ideal for credit managers, international sales people, logisticians and order management personnel.
This webinar is a must-attend event for importers or exporters and those who need to understand the details of how to negotiate, prepare and execute error-free letters of credit.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the export letter of credit process
- Learn how to negotiate the terms of both import and export L/Cs
- Be 100% aware of letter of credit documentation requirements
- Be aware of all expenses associated with using letters of credit
- Learn how to avoid amendments and discrepancies
- Understand the role of banks and freight forwarders in the L/C process
Even in today’s free trade-oriented business environment, companies must exercise particular caution when agreeing on payment terms. With financing choices that include cash in advance, open terms, letter of credit (L/C), sight drafts and time drafts, both importers and exporters need to understand the true implications of their credit policies and practices.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- Logistics and trade professionals
- International sales executives
- Customs brokers
- Freight forwarders
- Steamship lines
- International banking personnel
- Professors and students of global trade
- Chambers of Commerce
- Foreign Trade Associations
Use Promo Code FALL19 and get flat 30% discount on all purchases
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494