- This event has passed.
Investigating, Assessing and Preventing Sexual Harassment in the Age of Social Media – Workplace Strategies for 2020
April 16 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm CDT$159
- Recognize sexual harassment if it occurs and create a positive work environment free from sexual harassment.
• Describe federal and state laws and policy that prohibit sexual harassment and describe the necessary components of an organization’s policy and expectations with respect to sexual harassment.
• Discuss sexual assault in the age of social media and how it affects its victims and the work environment.
• Describe what is necessary to report, oppose, and address sexual harassment in the workplace; what is required to support and assist victims of sexual harassment, if it occurs.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Using facilitated discussion and structured activities, participants will explore the factors that contribute to sexual harassment. The workplace sexual harassment training will examine the negative impact of sexual harassment on victims, co-workers and employers. Participants will also identify steps for preventing sexual harassment in the workplace and developing strategies to respond to it if it occurs.
At the conclusion of the webinar, participants will plan ways to implement this training individually and collectively to ensure a positive work environment free from sexual harassment.
- The issue of sexual harassment and how it effects the work environment
• Sexual harassment laws and sexual harassment organizational policy
• What organizational expectations should be of all employees with respect to sexual harassment and the consequences of breaking the rules
• How to empower employees to work together to create a positive and productive work environment free from gender-related conflicts
• Sexual harassment definition and descriptions:
1. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
2. State Laws
3. Court Decisions
4. Company Policy
• How to determine if an employee, client or customer has been sexually harassed. Techniques of investigating employee harassment via social media
• Effective orientation: how to set employees up for success
Given the ease of receiving and viewing sexually explicit materials on cell phones, computers and social media, employers as well as employees should be concerned about preventing sexual harassment in the workplace. This workshop will focus on the issue of sexual harassment and how to prevent it in the workplace. It will provide an overview of sexual harassment, sex discrimination, its definition and the sexual harassment laws that prohibit it.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- Business owners
• Presidents, CEO’s
• General managers
• All HR directors, managers, and generalists
• All employees
Years of Experience: 25+ years
Areas of Expertise: Civil Right Issues, Human Resources, Leadership and Management
- Harold Levy, President of Levy and Levy Enterprises, is a national and international speaker, trainer, consultant and recognized expert on civil right issues, human resources, leadership and management. Mr. Levy has over 25 years of experience in the profession, most recently as the Eastern Regional Business Enterprise Analyst for the Pennsylvania Department of General Services. Some of his clients include major pharmaceutical corporations, police departments, colleges and universities, manufacturers, high-tech companies, product and service organizations and state and county governmental agencies.
Mr. Levy has published several articles on topics relating to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, equity issues, civil rights and human resource issues. A graduate of the Pennsylvania State University, Mr. Levy has a Bachelor’s degree in International Relations; a Master’s degree in Public Administration; and is a certified mediation counselor. Mr. Levy is the recipient of many awards including the prestigious Administrative Service Award at the University of Minnesota Duluth, and the Tri State Consortium of Opportunity Programs for New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.
He is an adjunct sociology professor at Northampton Community College and serves on several communities and professional organizations.
Use Promo Code TDES20 and get flat 20% discount on all purchases.
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494
- Training Doyens