- This event has passed.
Investigating a Complaint in the Workplace
May 7 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am CDT$110
In this course you will first be given examples of sexual harassment and the outcomes based on how the complaint was handled.
This will be followed by a brief summary of the laws pertaining to harassment and discrimination. Finally, we will focus on how to conduct how to conduct an investigation in the workplace, keeping it neutral, comprehensive and fair.
Why you should Attend
You will learn when, how, and what to investigate. How to be empathic without agreeing, and how to deal with the alleged violator as fairly as possible. Proper techniques, decision-making and report writing will also be discussed.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Who should conduct the investigation – and who should not and why
- How to start the process – being kind, empathic, but not agreeing to anyone
- The importance of due process and not promising the wrong kind of confidentiality
- Possible questions to ask
- Your own biases – such as believing the first person and conformation bias.
- Effective policy and procedures
- Interviewing witnesses, conducting evidence