- This event has passed.
HR Compliance 101 – Virtual Bootcamp for New HR and Non HR Supervisors and Managers
July 25 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm CDT$219
Knowing what to do in increasingly complicated employee situations can be difficult for even seasoned professionals, especially in an absence of proper human resource management training. For new Supervisors or Managers these problems are intensified.
For a new HR Manager this becomes a bigger problem as HR advises not just one manager but all managers throughout an organization.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
By the time an employee problem reaches HR, a level of liability has often been created. How an employer handles such problems, can either limit or increase liability. Further exacerbating the problem is that Supervisors and Managers often inherit a dysfunctional department and/or are promoted to supervise those with whom they once were co-workers.
If an HR Dept. does not know how to recognize or fix problems, what can be solved as a mere miscommunication, can quickly turn into a costly lawsuit. With this in mind, the instructor will take attendees through best practices to prevent litigation, wage and hour violations and general dysfunction by ensuring compliance with the HR laws.
- Basics of the Big Four of employment compliance- Title VII, FLSA, FMLA, ADA
- Leaves of absence
- Impairment accommodations
- Basics of wage and hour compliance including breaks
- Recognizing harassment and discrimination
- The elements of documentation
- Using the five tools of Supervisors and Managers; coaching, performance reviews, performance improvement plans, interventions and discipline
- What to do if someone is struggling doing their job for whatever the reason — having a process
- What to do with employee complaints
- OHSA’s role and safety basics for employers and employees
- Understanding the Workers’ Compensation process
In an increasingly complicated world of employee compliance in which HR struggles just to keep abreast of new developments, not teaching Supervisors and Managers the basics of performance management, and employments & labor laws can be costly.
After all, it is the Supervisors and Managers who interact with employees on a day-to-day basis and every day is an opportunity for problems to arise that a professional was never trained in how to address.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- Small business owners
- New HR Generalists, Managers and Business Partners
- New Employee Relations
- Plant Managers
- Branch Managers
- Front Line Managers
- Store Managers
- Business Owners
- Department Managers
- Compliance Officers
- Persons in new Safety roles
Use Promo Code MKT10N and get flat 10% discount on all purchases
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494