- This event has passed.
Form W-8 & 1042-S Nonresident Alien Reporting Compliance Update
February 11 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm CST$189
Topic : Form W-8 & 1042-S Nonresident Alien Reporting Compliance Update
Discount Coupon : Use this Coupon (NEW2COMPLIANCE) and get (10% Off) On New Signup
Do you have a plan to deal with IRS demands for backup withholding if you failed to deduct from payments to Nonresident Aliens’ (NRAs)? The IRS is working hard to reduce the delinquent tax burden. They know companies are becoming relatively compliant with 1099 reporting, but they also understand that companies and their advisors are less sure when it comes to identifying and performing backup withholding on NRAs. Collecting the tax due from NRAs working in the U.S. is an IRS Tier 1 audit issue.
Areas Covered in the Session :
- Ensure compliance with IRS information reporting and backup withholding requirements for NRAs
- Understand how to manage nonresident alien payee’ tax issues efficiently
- Develop an effective plan to improve your company’s regulatory compliance
- How to determine whether Nonresident Aliens are working for you
- The five variations of Forms W-8, including the most recent addition -W-8BEN-E
- How to determine which W-8 to provide to the NRA
- How NRA individuals must support their claim of exemption from withholding
Speaker Profile :
Miles Hutchinson is a keynote speaker of ComplianceKey. He is a CGMA and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company. Miles is a professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 2,700 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, like financial analysis and modeling, accounting, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Contact Info :
Email : [email protected]
Phone :+1 717-208-8666