Drug Testing 101: An Employer’s Primer for Workplace Policy Practices
May 16 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am CDT$145.00
Jo will walk the participants through the types of drug tests available for the workplace, describing the competencies of each as well as the appropriate reasons to use each methodology.
The audience will gain a clear understanding of when to use – and NOT to use – each particular type of test as well as what is new in developing technologies, improving an employer’s ability to detect recent substance use.
Why you should Attend:Employers often turn to attorneys to write their drug and alcohol testing policies, which works well if the attorney has an understanding of how drug testing works and keeps up on the changing technologies in testing products.
Unfortunately, many policies are either outdated in the drug testing portion or not based on accurate science. Employers and those who write their policies should have a clear and basic understanding of the types of tests, how they work, when they can be useful and how to avoid mistakes that can be costly.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Types of Drug Test Methodologies available
- The Differences in the Methodologies with proven outcome Results
- Scenarios that Describe which Testing Method is Appropriate and why
- Developing Technologies availale to Employers for understanding Impairment
Who Will Benefit:
- HR Professionals
- Small Business Owners
- Safety & Compliance Professionals
- Job-site Managers having Direct oversight of Employees
- Designated Employer Representatives who manage Workplace Drug Testing