- This event has passed.
2020 Update on Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
July 8 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am CDT$145
This webinar will provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will explain the importance of compliance and the consequences of non-compliance.
Why you should Attend:The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was signed into law by George H.W. Bush in July 1990. The Act is a civil rights law that prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities in all areas of public life including jobs schools transportation and all public and private places that are open to the general public.
The purpose of the law is to ensure that people with disabilities have the same rights and opportunities similar to those provided to individuals on the basis of race color sex national origin age and religion.
Disability accommodation is an important and visible aspect of ethical business practices. Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act will ensure your organization is operating in an ethical manner.
Non-compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) can prove to be costly for employers. Penalties in excess of hundreds of thousands of dollars for non-compliance put employers at substantial risk. Can your organization afford to be non-compliant?
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Titles I through V of the ADA
- Definitions of “reasonable accommodation” and “major life activities”
- Examples of reasonable accommodations that an employer may have to provide
- Limitations on the obligation to make reasonable accommodations
- Maintaining existing production and performance standards for an employee with a disability
- Which medical conditions are protected under the ADA
- Interaction between Federal and State law
- Recordkeeping requirements under the ADA
- Posting requirements
- Familiarization with the Americans with Disabilities Act in order to ensure your employer is not in violation of the Act
- An understanding of employer’s applicants’ and employees’ rights uner the Act
Who Will Benefit:
- Human Resource Managers
- Managers and Supervisors
- Compliance Professionals
- Small Business Owners
- Non-Profit Administrators
- General Managers
- Office Managers
- Payroll Professionals
- Accounting Professionals
- Labor Unions