- This event has passed.
2019 updates on 1099-MISC Forms: latest changes in reporting requirements and error corrections
May 1 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm CDT$199 – $219
The changes in reporting requirements for Form 1099-MISC can be confusing and the IRS has recently made changes to reporting, error correction, and filing due date requirements. Our upcoming webinar discusses the latest updates including the specific reporting requirements for various types of payments and payees, filing requirements, withholding requirements and reporting guidelines.
The webinar covers the following key areas:
- Changes to filing deadlines and affected returns, de minimis exception for money errors, and increases in penalties for non-compliance
- Identification of reportable payments and payees, and common 1099 errors — how to prevent them and how to correct them
- TIN verification, backup withholding, and penalties and problems
Know when to furnish and file information returns under the new requirements
Understand the de minimus error rules
Identify reportable payments and payees. Know when a 1099 is required
Be aware of common 1099 errors: Know how to avoid them and how to correct them
Understand backup withholding: What it is; When to start and when to stop; How to deposit and report.
Know the due diligence procedures to avoid penalties for missing or incorrect payee tax ID numbers
Understand the procedures for “B” notices: When to issue and how to follow-up
Know when the payment card rules apply and how 1099 reporting is affected
Understand how to document independent contractor as reportable or non-reportable
Know the procedures and policies that establish “reasonable cause” and avoid penalties
WHO WILL BENEFIT
CFOs and controllers
Accounts payable and accounting managers
Accounts payable processing professionals
Employers and Business owners
Purchasing managers and professionals
Public accountants, CPAs and Enrolled Agents
Patrick A. Haggerty is a tax practitioner, author, and educator. His 21+ years of professional experience includes non-profit organization management, banking, manufacturing accounting, and tax practice.
Check out our popular webinars:
- Master Excel Formulas: Tips & Tricks with Real-World Examples – https://tinyurl.com/y59r29l8
- Tackling the Payments Hustler: A Review of Transaction Laundering and Fraud Prevention Techniques – https://tinyurl.com/y42kqy2q
Use Promo Code MKT10N and get flat 10% discount on all purchases
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494