The Director, Data Compliance will focus on developing and leading iCrossing’s compliance programs, with a key focus on data privacy and protection. The role is responsible for development, management, and monitoring the compliance and privacy related obligations and activities. The role will also partner closely with the Data, Analytics and Media teams to ensure compliance with applicable privacy laws and protection of company and third party data.
We are looking to hire a senior leader who will address four major areas of focus including risk management, privacy, security, and governance. She or He will serve as the primary point of contact for the Data, Analytics and Media leadership team on matters of utilizing client’s 1 st party data for running media campaigns, evaluating and selecting media/data platforms and advise on compliance with data protection laws and monitor adherence to security and privacy standards.
The position will be in New York, NY or Chicago, IL and reports to VP, Data Management.
- 10+ years of related work experience, which includes 2+ years of practical experience in data protection and privacy management.
- 1-3 years’ experience with US and European privacy and data protection laws, regulations and best practices (GDPR, Privacy Shield, etc.)
- Prior experience in leading and assisting regulatory compliance both internal and external audits (SOC2, ISO 27001 etc.)
- CISM, CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPM, and/or CIPT certification preferred
- Familiarity with AdTech, MarTech and Data Platforms such as Adobe, Kenshoo, The Trade Desk, Salesforce, LiveRamp and various 3 rd party data providers.
- Experience working in a global agency or experience working on projects involving stakeholders from multiple jurisdictions.
- Leads the data protection and the security function of the organization
- Facilitate the organization’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations and best practices by assisting in the development, refinement and rollout of policies, and procedures.
- Identify and evaluates iCrossing’s data collecting and processing activities and recommend process/policy changes to ensure compliance with all regulations and assist in the documentation or training of those changes.
- Develop policy documentation and arrange training on security and privacy regulation compliance for iCrossing’s staff.
- In coordination with senior counsel, serves as a liaison to the Data, Analytics and Media teams, for matters relating to privacy and data protection.
- Review and advice Master Service Agreements (MSA) and Statement of Work (SOW) for client engagements.
- Review and audit 3 rd party tools and platforms for data regulatory, policy adherence and access management.
- Perform periodic compliance and privacy-related risk assessments and controls evaluations on client engagements, to verify whether teams comply with applicable regulations and outlined policies.
- Collaborate with discipline leads and managers on solutions to overcome compliance concerns.
- Assist and answer privacy related questions from internal business partners, as well as clients; review documents for compliance with applicable compliance and privacy-related laws and regulations.
- Participate in client meetings, sponsor audits and regulatory inspections for questions related to compliance matters, including privacy and data protection.
- Prepare and assist with presenting clear, accurate and timely reports on privacy and data protection risks, risk mitigation measures and compliance activities to senior management.
Click here to apply.