Responsible for the management and operation of all aspects of Golden Entertainment’s Information Technology related security and compliance functions. Ensures all technology platforms and systems are fortified against threats and vulnerabilities while ensuring their overall integrity and security.
Ensures all systems operate in accordance with regulatory controls (MICS) and federal standards (HIPPA, SOX, PCI, GDPR). Assists the Corporate Vice President of Information Technology with the development and execution of enterprise wide strategic plans.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
- Assists the Corporate Vice President of Information Technology with determining the vision and strategy for all IT security and compliance related services.
- Oversees the creation, execution and maintenance of enterprise-wide IT security and compliance related plans, standards, policies and procedures.
- Primary responsibility for ensuring all technology platforms and systems are fortified against threats and vulnerabilities while ensuring their overall integrity and security.
- Ensures all systems operate in accordance with all applicable regulatory controls (MICS) and federal standards (HIPPA, SOX, PCI, GDPR) and that potential weaknesses cannot be exploited for fraud, misuse, or theft.
- Fosters an information privacy and security-conscious culture.
- Drives enterprise-wide security architecture and engineering strategy.
- Serves as the official contact for information security and data privacy issues, including reporting to law enforcement and regulatory authorities.
- Coordinates the development of an education and training program on information security and privacy matters for employees and other authorized users.
- Develops, implements and maintains risk assessment, incident reporting and response systems, to address security breaches, policy violations and complaints from external parties.
- Oversees all vulnerability detection and remediation efforts.
- Keeps abreast of the latest IT security and privacy legislation, regulations, advisories, alerts and vulnerabilities to ensure the company’s security program and security software is current and develops strategies for protecting the company’s systems.
- Conducts investigations of situations in which security may have been compromised and notifies the Corporate Vice President of Information Technology and other senior management of any unusual transactions impacting system security.
- Works closely with other IT leadership team members on ensuring system enhancements do not compromise security or compliance.
- Develops and maintains collaborative, strategic partnerships with all relevant internal departments as well as external vendors, regarding IT security and compliance related information technology solutions.
- Maintains appropriate IT compliance and security related staffing levels by interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, promoting, disciplining and terminating employees, as needed
- Ensures work performance standards, and employee development programs maximize the individual growth and development of staff.
- Provides outstanding customer service in a timely manner to both guests and fellow employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Five years or more of IT security and compliance experience with at least three years in a senior leadership role
- Leadership experience in a casino/hotel resort environment strongly preferred
- CISSP certification strongly preferred
- Three years of experience managing IT security and compliance teams located in multiple jurisdictions preferred
- Strong financial acumen including experience managing complex budgets
- Direct management of cross-functional, sourced, or matrixed teams, including managing third party service providers
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other department personnel, management, staff and co-workers; and customers; pleasant personality, team oriented and enjoys working with and serving people
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information sciences from a four-year college or university preferred
- Nevada gaming permit
Work Environment Potential Conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. A casino environment is typically smoky
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, couch or crawl.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds when needed.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Click here to apply.