Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Risk Management
The Operational Risk Management (ORM) team manages Mastercard’s ORM program. The team works with the business to drive a strong control environment by providing a framework for business and process owners to identify, capture, measure, monitor, report and manage operational risks. We partner with business and process owners to increase their awareness and understanding of business risks, driving process improvement rather than mere risk avoidance. This position will be based in Purchase, New York, which is Mastercard’s global headquarters. Leading a staff of two, this role will drive risk assessment activities globally.
- Develop, maintain and enhance key elements of the ORM strategy and policy—to be applied by business and process owners—including risk and control self-assessment framework, scenario analysis, risk event management, issue management, monitoring and reporting
- Collaborate with business/process owners and business unit controllers to prioritize and apply ORM Policy standards
- Serve as a liaison and subject matter expert with controllers, business and process owners on risk identification and assessment, as well as control identification, assessment and monitoring; recommend practical alternatives for risk mitigation and process improvement
- Create a culture of risk awareness across the organization by developing and implementing communications and training strategies to drive s strong control environment and accountability for risk management
- Develop, implement and maintain process to aggregate risk events and issues across business functions to identify and analyze themes, trends and control gaps
- Develop data-driven, risk-based insights and management reporting to support business decisions at senior, executive and Board levels
All About You
- Strong leader and strategic thinker
- Expertise in risk management frameworks gained through operations, business advisory and/or audit roles is preferred
- Ability to develop and implement strategy to meet corporate objectives and provide insights to executive management
- Experienced risk manager with extensive program management experience
- Broad exposure to business risks across IT, finance and other business environments is essential
- Consultative mindset and reputation for being a strong business partner
- Background in telecommunications or payments industry preferred
- Ability to effectively interact and influence people at all levels
- Global work experience and capacity to manage tasks across multiple regions, cultures and time zones
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrated process and project management capabilities
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Click here to apply.